b131 mouse right-button doesn't work

These archives contain old topics that were moved here to prevent clutter in the forums. These threads may still contain some useful information.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Bob Loblaw
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Post by Bob Loblaw » Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:00 am

I can not use rthe right mouse button to highlight text.

I'm running AB 10.0.131 (renamed to iexplore.exe) with XP Pro SP2 & all current updates. asvc.exe also deleted.

Also, AB has a really bad habit of:

1. Losing connection with the internet at random times. Once this happens I have to reboot the PC to get back on the net. (Cable modem).

2. Freezing up when opening a group at startup (last saved pages).

I think AB is far & away the best browser out there & I've tried almost all of them. I REALLY hope thiese problems get solved, especially the lost connections & the freezing up.

tbellum99
Avant Version:

Post by tbellum99 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:49 am

I can't use the right mouse button, highlight text or drag the scrollbar with the mouse. But I noticed this is only when I have scripts disabled, which is quite often, so it's getting annoying. Using the latest version of Avant and IE 6.

Galahad
Avant Version:

Post by Galahad » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:00 am

Expanding on what tbellum99 said...

In Build 131: When scripts are disabled--on any pages loaded when scripts are disabled, the right and middle mouse buttons will not work. Also dragging the scrollbar and highlighting will only work for short bursts at a time.

Regarding the scrollbar and highlighting... It looks like what is happening is the mouse drag function is being cut off after about a quarter of a second.

Sara
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 7
Avant Version: 2015 build 27lite
Default engine: N/A
IE Version: IE 10(64 bit)
Skin: Crystal

Post by Sara » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:33 pm

Galahad wrote:Expanding on what tbellum99 said...

In Build 131: When scripts are disabled--on any pages loaded when scripts are disabled, the right and middle mouse buttons will not work. Also dragging the scrollbar and highlighting will only work for short bursts at a time.

Regarding the scrollbar and highlighting... It looks like what is happening is the mouse drag function is being cut off after about a quarter of a second.
If you are using the latest build (131) uninstall it completely, including the Applications folder ( see http://myhome.iolfree.ie/~lightbulb/sam ... tTip3.html ). If you have a registry cleaner use that as well and then download build 126.

If it's not caused by the very buggy 131 we'll need your system specs, including all programs running at the same time.

Sara :)