Changing "address bar" size.

These archives contain old topics that were moved here to prevent clutter in the forums. These threads may still contain some useful information.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

SLOYAROLE™
Avant Version:

Changing "address bar" size.

Post by SLOYAROLE™ » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:07 am

When your display is set to a high resolution, reading the text in Internet Explorer's Address Bar may be difficult. The Address Bar uses the same font as the icon titles on the desktop, which can be changed through Display Properties. Right-click on the desktop and choose Properties, then the Appearance tab. If you're running Windows XP, click on the Advanced button. In the pull-down Item list, select Icon. Choose a more readable font and click on Apply. If the icon titles are now truncated, change Icon Spacing (Horizontal) and Icon Spacing (Vertical) to larger values.

However, none of this seems to work with AB. How do I change the text size in my AB Address Bar the same way I can in IE? My screen resolution is 1024x768 and it's difficult to read the text up there.. View>Text Size does nothing either.

Thanks.

SLOYAROLE™
Avant Version:

Post by SLOYAROLE™ » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:35 am

To simplify my question:

Is there a way to changed the size of the text in the Address Bar where I type the URL?

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Post by hornakapopolis » Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:13 pm

I apologize because I saw your post before and meant to respond, but I don't know what happened that caused me to not post.

To answer your question... no, there is no way to change the font size. Does your issue sound the same as the one mentioned in this thread, though? There was an old version (9.02 b017, I believe) that was supposed to have fixed this issue.

SLOYAROLE™
Avant Version:

Post by SLOYAROLE™ » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:45 pm

hornakapopolis wrote:I apologize because I saw your post before and meant to respond, but I don't know what happened that caused me to not post.

To answer your question... no, there is no way to change the font size. Does your issue sound the same as the one mentioned in this thread, though? There was an old version (9.02 b017, I believe) that was supposed to have fixed this issue.
Ah. No prob.

Yes. I'm using 1024x768 resolution and the address bar text is too small to read. If I could adjust the size (height) of the bar itself, that'd be great.

Is there a way then, to adjust the size (height) of the Address Bar?

In the mean time, I'll go find that old version and see if it helps.

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Post by hornakapopolis » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:46 am

Currently, there's no way to change the height of the bar. I'm pretty sure that the only bar that ever changes height is the menu bar which grows when you place another toolbar on the same line.

SLOYAROLE™
Avant Version:

Post by SLOYAROLE™ » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:04 am

hornakapopolis wrote:Currently, there's no way to change the height of the bar. I'm pretty sure that the only bar that ever changes height is the menu bar which grows when you place another toolbar on the same line.
OK. Thanks

TOMaxwell
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Avant Version:

Post by TOMaxwell » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:59 pm

Have you tried MS' new PowerToy for WinXP, ClearType Tuner? When I installed that, all text fonts appeared clearer instantly.
This PowerToy lets you use ClearType technology to make it easier to read text on your screen, and installs in the Control Panel for easy access.
Some days, it's just not worth biting through the leather straps :-#

Pip
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Avant Version: 2012Ultimate V171
IE Version: IE9

Post by Pip » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:21 pm

TOMaxwell wrote:Have you tried MS' new PowerToy for WinXP, ClearType Tuner? When I installed that, all text fonts appeared clearer instantly.
This PowerToy lets you use ClearType technology to make it easier to read text on your screen, and installs in the Control Panel for easy access.
A Big difference for me...........thanks for the tip...

Veni, Vidi, Velcro - I Came, I Saw, I Stuck Around

SLOYAROLE™
Avant Version:

Post by SLOYAROLE™ » Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:21 pm

TOMaxwell wrote:Have you tried MS' new PowerToy for WinXP, ClearType Tuner? When I installed that, all text fonts appeared clearer instantly.
Sadly, I'm still using Win98 :oops: