Font size

These archives contain old topics that were moved here to prevent clutter in the forums. These threads may still contain some useful information.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

bobbing
Avant Version:

Font size

Post by bobbing » Thu Apr 10, 2003 1:24 am

The font size keeps changing.  It will switch sizes as I go from page to page. How do I lock the font size?

omegaman
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Re: Font size

Post by omegaman » Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:48 am

I was doing fine until I just downloaded a bunch of Microsoft security patches on my new Vaio using XP. Then the text size started freaking out and cracked right down from medium to smaller as I tap on a URL or a link with my mouse. It is the oddest thing. I hate it when I go against my intiuition and download those gosh-awful patches. I feel like reinstalling my entire hard drive. Anyone else experienceing this mess?

Jay
Fan
Fan
Avant Version:

Post by Jay » Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:31 am

This is really a quite irritating thing, but it is fairly easy to resolve. If you are using MS Outlook (not OE), read this   http://support.microsoft.com/search/pre ... 242984%20  . If you are using any version of Eudora from v. 4 up to the present   v. 5.2.1 you can solve the problem by going to Tools, options, Viewing mail, and taking the check mark out of the  use MS Viewer. Try it, it works.   ::)

omegaman
Avant Version:

Post by omegaman » Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:08 pm

Jay, I am referring to non-email client use. Yes, I use Eudora, but I am referring to when I am simply using Avant as a stand alone web browser. The font size literally CHANGES when I am browsing! Yes! When I click on a URL or a link. :-[

omegaman
Avant Version:

Post by omegaman » Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:32 pm

I am going to reiterate that under View>Text Size>
the size literally will change on its own from Medium to Smaller, with my only physical action being that of clicking on a link or a URL. How strange is that?

Should this go to the bug forum?

batigolaso
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Avant Version:

Post by batigolaso » Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:47 pm

try what jay said. This used to happen to me using ie and was fixed doing what jay said. Just try it, and if you still have the same problem, post here again. I do not think this is an Avant problem, so you should check other things first.
"In a minute there is time for decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse." -The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

omegaman
Avant Version:

Post by omegaman » Fri Apr 18, 2003 7:35 am

I did what Jay said, like you recommended, and I am still getting the problem. Kind of odd. I do use Eudora, made the change, but to no avail. I will leave the viewer unchecked for a while to see what happens. Anyone else see this happen? Can you tell me why an email clients preferences would affect a browser's performance? That makes no logical sense to me.

Thanks for all of the help so far!

batigolaso
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Avant Version:

Post by batigolaso » Fri Apr 18, 2003 8:08 am

i don't know about eudora, but I had the problem between explorer and outlook express. Since both are microsoft products, i guess that there was some interaction through windows between the two and that was screwing something up. I found a fix online, implemented it, and the problem went away, so all was good. Not sure about your problem though.
"In a minute there is time for decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse." -The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

Jay
Fan
Fan
Avant Version:

Post by Jay » Fri Apr 18, 2003 9:59 am

Well, you certainly don't have to take my word for it. The above post refers to a MS KB article for the Outlook problem. This is where I found the info about Eudora.

http://www.kangarose.com/tss/FAQs.html#favicons

Scroll down to the 4th article. Btw. It works on my computer, i.e., removing check mark from MS Viewer in Eudora allows the font to stay fixed at medium. At least it does in IE. I no longer use Avant.

omegaman
Avant Version:

Thanks all, checking medium default font

Post by omegaman » Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:07 pm

in Eudora>tools>fonts>message>size...seemed to have did it for me. Phew...a long and winding road!

I really appreciate the help! I am using the MS viewer so left that checked, it seems to be the font in Eudora that was throwing things off!

Best to all.

Cheers.