Wow ... compliment to the developer ...

These archives contain old topics that were moved here to prevent clutter in the forums. These threads may still contain some useful information.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

roger
Avant Version:

Wow ... compliment to the developer ...

Post by roger » Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:10 am

Hi there ...

Just found by accident your webbrowser and i have to say that i am very impressed with the nice design, the concept and the speed. Some years ago i developed a freeware product very similar to yours, it was called "Redsoft Nitro" and was also quiet popular. I can write this here because this product is no longer available. The idea behind it was really nearly identical .. however i used an outlook interface (sidebar) to show multiple loaded windows. Shortly after the last release i founded a software company which focused on web server technology and had no time left to keep my own little tool alive. Therefore it was very cool to find your website! Today i would use your browser - no doubt! :-)

From my own development work in this field i know what kind of technical problems you maybe faced and how much work it was to finish such an excellent product. Really great stuff ...

Wish you all the best and many many more releases ...

Roger Eichenberger

angeldust
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 7
Avant Version: 2010 Bld 127
IE Version: 8

Anderson's Head

Post by angeldust » Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:17 am

Hey, can't one of you mods. put a stop to this type of stuff?
I mean Avant is great & all but if postings like this keep coming, poor Anderson won't be able to keep his hat on to stay warm this winter or get through the door, nor stand up straight from the weight of his head.
Cripes he'll demand we change his title to hisomnipasomethingorother.
Well deserved praise though, n'est pas?
To be Truly Loved is to Live, I HAVE Lived. Image

bigbud3
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Re: Anderson's Head

Post by bigbud3 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:34 am

Well deserved praise though, n'est pas?

I prefer n'est ce pas. That is at least French.

kjnangre
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Post by kjnangre » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:01 am

You'll have to forgive Angeldust, he's from Toronto, where there isn't a whole lot of French. Of course, there's not a whole lot to do in Toronto either, so he should have plenty of time to learn! 8) :P :wink:

roger
Avant Version:

Yeah ... and ...

Post by roger » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:24 am

yeah

know that everybody is busy. including me. but i do give very very rarely compliments to other devs ... this time it was just necessary :twisted:

regards

roger

angeldust
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 7
Avant Version: 2010 Bld 127
IE Version: 8

Post by angeldust » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:05 am

kjnangre wrote:You'll have to forgive Angeldust, he's from Toronto, where there isn't a whole lot of French. Of course, there's not a whole lot to do in Toronto either, so he should have plenty of time to learn! 8) :P :wink:
Well there is a little bit of french here (we tried separating it but then
we'd have a very boring existence) and there is a few things that can be found to do, if you look verry verry hard. :wink:
I know it is "n'est ce pas" (HS & In-laws told me so) but as my Quebecois detractor knows we "Angelphones" [play on words] can be lazy and not check our musings at the door.
Boy I sure wouldn't want to perform a miracle, you guys probably have the hammer & nails ready. :twisted:
To be Truly Loved is to Live, I HAVE Lived. Image

Bustin Loose
Avant Version:

All I Can Say Is WOW!!!

Post by Bustin Loose » Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:16 pm

I got this website off a web-developers email list I recieve and I was rather timid in trying it since my computer exists in the stone-age. I suffer great mental stress and hair pulling from Explorer crashing, locking up from pop-ups and even on rare occasion, the blue screen of death. However, I bit my lip, downloaded and installed.

I am amazed! My speed is up, not one crash yet even with IM's running, multiple pages galore and I can now multi task without fear! I love the user friendly interface and being able to change things so easily!

I would have no clue as to how you did what you did to make this happen but I am very, very grateful you put in the work to share this. I might even get gutsy and try out some skin creating!

THANK YOU!!!!!! :D

Bustin Loose
It's better to burn out, than fade away.