Compaq Laptop with Touchpad Scroll Option

These archives contain old topics that were moved here to prevent clutter in the forums. These threads may still contain some useful information.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Zot
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Compaq Laptop with Touchpad Scroll Option

Post by Zot » Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:10 am

On my Compaq laptop, the touchpad had a scoll area along the right-hand side.  This DOES work in Avant, as well as in IE.  If I pull up a webpage in IE, it can scroll up and down the page with no lag or hanging, one smooth scroll motion goes up and down the page.  In Avant, the motion is anything but smooth, it lags and moving across the entire scroll surface moves Avant 2 to 3 lines on screen, sometimes less, and sometimes jumps to 4 or 5.  Does anone else have this problem?

I love the software, but not being able to scroll up and down webpages, while seeming a small problem, its really annoying  :P

christian
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Avant Version:

Re: Compaq Laptop with Touchpad Scroll Option

Post by christian » Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:58 am

i have a dell laptop, i dont use the touchpad, but you can set the scroll speed there, have you tried changing this? otherwise i cant see any reason for why it should lag with AB :)
God is a comedian playing to an audience, too afraid to laugh.

justin_9733
Avant Version:

Post by justin_9733 » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:36 am

I have the same problem with my Gateway solo 1400 laptop. winxppro, 900MHz, 256mb
WinXP PRO (SP1)
Pentium 4 2.4GHz @ 2.8GHz
512 MB 200 GB HD

Zot
Avant Version:

Post by Zot » Fri Sep 19, 2003 7:53 am

BTT:

Well, someone else has the same problem.  Any known solution?  I'd like to package Avant with all my new system builds, but since I also resell the laptops, I want them to have the exact same deno software installed on both...

gene1138
Avant Version:

Post by gene1138 » Tue Sep 30, 2003 3:20 am

I have the same problem with my touchpad on my Compaq evo n610c running WinXP Pro.  

kid_astronaut
Avant Version:

Post by kid_astronaut » Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:45 pm

i have this problem too, on a dell inspiron 5100.  i thought it was a problem with the touchpad at first, until i realized that it works with IE, windows explorer, and everything else that i need to use virtual scrolling with.

i tried it on a compaq presario 2100 as well, and it works there, but it still isn't working here.

sometimes, very rarely, i can get it to scroll automatically (by brushing my finger up or down the scroll pad quickly and then lifting it quickly) and then it scrolls for a while, maybe a second or two, but then inexplicably stops.

roth377
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Avant Version:

Post by roth377 » Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:52 pm

I don't have a laptop, so I can't reproduce it, but has anybody tried Christian's suggestion?

Other than that, I'm not sure what would be causing the problem.

Does anybody in the forum use a touchpad and not experience this problem?

I've tried searching past posts for something similar, but didn't find anything.
....what smells like blue !?!

kid_astronaut
Avant Version:

Post by kid_astronaut » Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:43 am

yeah, it has nothing to do with the touchpad settings themselves as far as i can figure it out.  windows explorer and everything like that works fine.  so do mozilla firebird and crazybrowser, which i downloaded just because of this problem.

however, crazybrowser has no gestures, and firebird has bad css integration, which is one of my pet peeves, so i'd really like to stay with avant.  i would very much like to see this fixed.

Sergei
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Avant Version:

Post by Sergei » Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:27 am

(A total aside, but what are your problems with CSS and Firebird? I was given to understand it had the best CSS implementation of all. It's Opera that drives me nuts!
My Cartoons
:
IE7 ][ Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 ][ Avast! Antivirus ][ Kerio Firewall ][ DSL

galandy
Avant Version:

Post by galandy » Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:19 pm

I'm having the same problem on my HP laptop!! In Internet Explorer 6 it scrolls easily and with a smooth motion, while with Avant it doesn't and it's more difficult to scroll....

galandy
Avant Version:

Problem fixed with new beta!

Post by galandy » Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:54 am

The problem is fixed with version 8.03 beta 5!!!! Scrolling is now smooth as it should be... Thanks :D!!! I just hope that the official version will be fixed soon as well.

kjnangre
Fan
Fan
Avant Version:

Post by kjnangre » Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:54 am

Agreed, 8.03 Beta 5 fixes this on my Dell Inspiron 5150 also!