RC4 SSL icon

These archives contain old topics that were moved here to prevent clutter in the forums. These threads may still contain some useful information.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

eug3n3_ang
Windows Version: XP/Vista
Avant Version: N/A
IE Version: 6.0

RC4 SSL icon

Post by eug3n3_ang » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:05 pm

After visiting some website that have secure ssl.

1st glance at the ssl icon, I though it is clickable... but it does not seems like it at all...

Its very troublesome to keep going to File>Properties>Security on every https website that I go to, normally I would be curious on security...

suggestion:

- ssl icon add a link to the File>Properties>Security Tab so that when I double click on the ssl icon windows will popup directly into the Security Tab.

- ssl details of certificate will be a much better choice example in firefox the lock will show the certificate provider. ( but in the current RC4 mouse over ssl icon it will say " You are browsing a 128 bit SSL secured website ")
I went to:
The SSL Icon when I mouse over icon it should says " You are browsing a AES-256bit SSL secured website. but it does not show relevant information which can be misleading to begineers...

kudos
Support Staff²
Support Staff²
Avant Version:

Re: RC4 SSL icon

Post by kudos » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:20 pm

You can also right-click page and select View Page Info then click security tab.

eug3n3_ang
Windows Version: XP/Vista
Avant Version: N/A
IE Version: 6.0

Re: RC4 SSL icon

Post by eug3n3_ang » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:34 pm

Yeah I know that.

Just hope Orca can be a little more friendly to link to Security Tab.

Thanks for replying.