Orca Browser Options Wiped

These archives contain old topics that were moved here to prevent clutter in the forums. These threads may still contain some useful information.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

sanitysama
Avant Version: 11.5 b20

Orca Browser Options Wiped

Post by sanitysama » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:26 am

After my dozenth Orca crash of the day I reopened it once again and found my URL Alias settings to be completely reset to default. I'm not putting them back as I had many and I'm very **** off since this has happened before. The other times, all settings were completely corrupted and I had to put all of my settings back as if it were a clean install.

My friend told me he had the same thing happen to him while using Avant.

sanitysama
Avant Version: 11.5 b20

Re: Orca Browser Options Wiped

Post by sanitysama » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:52 pm

I want to bump this because it's a very frustrating recurring issue and I do not want to switch browsers. If there's any way to restore these settings manually I'd like to know where the files are kept on the system and possible restore my own settings on my own if this were ever to happen again. A fix to this could help a lot of people who have lost a lot of URL alias and quick search settings.

Also occasionally Orca will crash due to one of its many bug issues (most of the time I noticed it's due to bad shell support) and _ALL_ display settings will be corrupted and restored to default. This includes the appearance options, and all Orca Browser Options menu settings.

Thanks for any help, and also I apologize for how rude I sound in the original post.

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2016 Build 1
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11
Skin: Crystal

Re: Orca Browser Options Wiped

Post by bigC » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:33 pm

This wiki entry explains how to backup Avant's settings,
http://wiki.avantforce.com/index.php?ti ... tion_Files

Just change the Avant Profiles bit to Orca Profiles & it should work...