Memory access error

These archives contain old topics that were moved here to prevent clutter in the forums. These threads may still contain some useful information.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Ericf
Windows Version: XP Pro
Avant Version: Latest
IE Version: 8

Re: Memory access error

Post by Ericf » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:08 pm

Further to my posting immediately above - not all memory errors have cleared up!
Have had problems, but it would seem related to one site (or accumulation of data at that time!

I think there is further to do on this.

Incidentally, prior to this I have updated XP with this weeks downloads, which brings it up to date.

kudos
Support Staff²
Support Staff²
Avant Version:

Post by kudos » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:19 pm

Glad to hear that there is an improvement. Did you try the tip in reply 14 too? Please report any specific sites or problems and I shall double check. Remember that Orca is still in beta and may have the occasional glitch.

AlvinPing
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Post by AlvinPing » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:36 am

Is anyone getting memory errors in Vista? I'm running the latest Orca (RC3 SR1) on Vista and, although I have not tested it as extensively as on my XP machine, have not run into one yet. RC1 and 2 also seemed a lot more stable on Vista for some reason!
-Alvin

Ericf

Post by Ericf » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:51 pm

Since my last posting, memory situation has deteriorated rapidly.

Most often when I went to "Open all links in this folder", I get immediate memory error.

I then believe that Orce updated and or re-installed - strange!
I then discovered reported virus NAKURU.
I have cleaned this up, reinstalled Orca, and it continues to give memory problems.

I have now reverted to 1.1 Beta version (9 Jan 2009?), and this continues to give memory errors.

I am not experiencing any problems with other software!

Ericf

Post by Ericf » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:15 pm

Reloaded Orca Orca (RC3 SR1), and performed all stated modifications. (I have completed anti-virus scan first).

If I go to Bookmarks, and "OPEN ALL LIMKS IN THIS FOLDER", which has say about 8 links, one of three things may occur.
A. All 8 new tabs open correctly.
B. A memory error occurs.
C. 8 New tabs are displayed, but none of then load, it appears there is no internet activity to connect to the sites!

H E L P.

AlvinPing
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Post by AlvinPing » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:16 am

I find that memory errors are most likely to occur when opening multiple tabs, navigating other sites while background tabs are loading, or just simultaneous activity among tabs in general. Then again, I've also gotten memory errors with only one tab, and just shortly after launching Orca at that. So there is no definite pattern, which makes this kind of hard to troubleshoot.

After disabling the safe browsing configuration mentioned by kudos, I haven't run into the memory problem yet (still testing), but I still get crashes in ntdll.dll. I recently got one in ws2help.dll... still testing though.

My Vista computer is back up and running (had to do some hardware repairs after a power surge! ouch.) and I will be testing Orca extensively on this machine in the meantime.
-Alvin