Orca Browser 1.1 Alpha 2 Discussion

These archives contain old topics that were moved here to prevent clutter in the forums. These threads may still contain some useful information.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

André
Administrator
Administrator
Windows Version: Windows 7 x64
Avant Version:

Re: Orca Browser 1.1 Alpha 2 Discussion

Post by André » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:07 pm

As far as I know, Anderson is trying to make it compatible. There are no guarantees, though.
Formerly known as DrDrrae.
I am not a member of the development team.
Please search the forum before posting questions.

Avant Force Wiki || Avant Force Blog
Desktop:
Intel C2Q Q9550 @ 3.7GHz || 8GiBs DDR2 800 @ 435MHz || Asus P5E
112 GiB SSD || 931 GiB HDD || 2x ATI 5770 in CrossfireX || Picture

NetBook:
ASUS Eee PC 1000HE || 1.66 GHz Atom N280 || 2 GiB DDR2 667 || 320 GiB HDD

NAS:
Intel E5200 @ 2.632 GHz || 4 GiB DDR2 800 @ 421 MHz || Foxconn G31MXP-K
5.45 TiB RAID 6

angeldust
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 7
Avant Version: 2010 Bld 127
IE Version: 8

Post by angeldust » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:36 pm

This is just the alpha testing stage & as mention there is already a buzz forming on the net. We do not know if it will go to a Beta or straight to a release form.
Anderson sorta likes Roboform so they might be capable of working together or it just might have the built in form filler.
As for 'FF' extensions I think Anderson wants this to be like Avant Browser a stand alone product but with features that most would want.
I have requested Staff re-open the ORCA Request section, if it is you should post what FF type feature you would like to see in ORCA.
DO NOT post multiple requests for the same feature just add your yea or nay under each one. Maybe Anderson might add those with the most requests. Just remember that we have no control over what is added or not.
To be Truly Loved is to Live, I HAVE Lived. Image

Billy Tee
Windows Version: XP sp 2
Avant Version: 11.7 Build 18
IE Version: 6.0.2900

Post by Billy Tee » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:48 am

This is an old post refer to later posts for more info. http://forum.avantbrowser.com/viewtopic ... 40&t=24302

mikeymackinon
Windows Version: 7
Avant Version: 11.21
IE Version: 8b2

Post by mikeymackinon » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:31 pm

I was hoping for Orca Browser USB sooner. I have been using Lunascape browser but it’s not ready. Meaning I am going back to Firefox with IE Tab. If Orca skipped full install and developed the USB from the get go I think we would have an official release by now. USB edition are simplified less to develop more cross compatibility wit FF plug-ins etc… Orca would render the all other browser obsolete. Chrome is not ready, it’s fast but Gecko appears to be stable, the pro out way the cons. Lunascape is the way of the future however it’s almost 100MB install where FF/ Orca are approx 10 to 2MB install. I have an EEE-PC (the way of the future) and I like to conserve my HD space. Minimal is better, portable is better. Portable apps do not degenerate over time compared to regular fully installed apps, we can thank apple for that. Again Orca could render all other browser obsolete but for now FF with IE Tab is the winner. I have been testing browser for the past 6 months and I stand behind my review. Feedback the public needs Orca USB sooner then July. Thanks MM

Dreamer
Avantic Deluxe
Avantic Deluxe
Windows Version: 10 64-bit
Avant Version: 2017 Build 8 USB
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11.51.14393.0
Skin: Dream

Post by Dreamer » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:42 pm

mikeymackinon wrote:Feedback the public needs Orca USB sooner then July. Thanks MM
July?? Where do you find this info? I'd switch from Avant to Orca immediately if the USB version would be available. :eh:
Dreamer

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2016 Build 1
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11
Skin: Crystal

Post by bigC » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:09 pm

I don't know where he got July from. No release date has been announced.

If you're interested, an unofficial USB Orca version is available here,
http://forum.avantbrowser.com/viewtopic.php?p=154075

This is a very old thread, Orca is no longer in the alpha stage. I'll lock this thread to prevent confusion.