RC7 Comments

These archives contain old topics that were moved here to prevent clutter in the forums. These threads may still contain some useful information.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

User avatar
scubamaster
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic
Posts: 590
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:50 pm
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:
Location: Florida, USA

RC7 Comments

Post by scubamaster » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:06 pm

Super Anderson for bringing the Groups back! This implementation is a compromise I definitely can live with. Thanks.

For me, RC7 is now ready for prime time and I will switch over my production system to it.

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz; 4GB RAM; Nvidia GeForce 8600GT w. 280.26 driver
Windows 7 Professional 32-Bit SP1 (all patches)
Avant: V2011 b30 - (IE Favorites - No On-Line Storage)
IE V9.0.8112.16421-Upd 9.0.2; Java: 1.7.0.147; Flash: V10.3.183.5
Windows Security Essentials V2.1.1116.0

ABman
Avantic
Avantic
Posts: 965
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:29 pm
Windows Version: XP+SP3 Home
Avant Version: 2012
IE Version: IE7/8

Re: RC7 Comments

Post by ABman » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:32 pm

Thanks Anderson, I think a lot of people will be happy now.

User avatar
reiba
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:26 pm
Windows Version: WinXp Prof. SP3 all upd.
Avant Version: AB 11.6. b16
IE Version: IE 7.0 all updates
Location: Muttenz BL, Switzerland

Post by reiba » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:24 pm

I will also turn over to AB 11 now.
THANK YOU Anderson, that you listened to "the fans of AB" ;-))))) (concerning IE-Favorites, IE-FavIcons, Groups-compromise)

SUPER

crom
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Posts: 688
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:40 pm
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:
Location: Milan, Italy
Contact:

Post by crom » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:31 pm

isn't there any option to "add all opened pages to this group" or to create a new one, yet?

how do I use groups, then?
If I die I have to go before Crom and he will ask me:
"What is the rule of Steel?"
And if I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me!
That's Crom, strong on his mountain..

User avatar
ADukes
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic
Posts: 635
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:53 am
Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP2
Avant Version: 11.7 Build 19
IE Version: Internet Explorer 7

Post by ADukes » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:04 pm

crom wrote:isn't there any option to "add all opened pages to this group" or to create a new one, yet?
Only if you use IE favorites or of course how dave descibes further below.
Last edited by ADukes on Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks Anderson for checking out my AB 11.0 feature request list,
now it's time to go on with 11.8:

http://forum.avantbrowser.com/viewtopic.php?t=16116
Image
Windows XP SP2, IE7, AB 11.7 build 19

HarryP
Fan
Fan
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:29 pm
Windows Version: WIN 7 SP1 home premium
Avant Version: 2011 beta 18
IE Version: IE9
Location: south germany
Contact:

Post by HarryP » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:09 pm

ADukes wrote:
crom wrote:isn't there any option to "add all opened pages to this group" or to create a new one, yet?
Only if you use IE favorites.
Sorry about the question, but how can I use IE favorites?

I only use Avant and not IE. Is there a option to change to IE favorites?



HarryP
Image

User avatar
ADukes
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic
Posts: 635
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:53 am
Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP2
Avant Version: 11.7 Build 19
IE Version: Internet Explorer 7

Post by ADukes » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:11 pm

Avant Browser options -> Miscellaneous -> Use IE favorites as bookmarks
Thanks Anderson for checking out my AB 11.0 feature request list,
now it's time to go on with 11.8:

http://forum.avantbrowser.com/viewtopic.php?t=16116
Image
Windows XP SP2, IE7, AB 11.7 build 19

User avatar
KY Dave
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:53 pm
Windows Version: XP Home, Pro, Vista, Win 7
Avant Version: 11.7 build 46SR
IE Version: 8.0.7600.3865
Location: Burkesville, KY
Contact:

Post by KY Dave » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:14 pm

crom wrote:isn't there any option to "add all opened pages to this group" or to create a new one, yet?

how do I use groups, then?
If you're not using IE FAVORITES, then you can...

Click BOOKMARKS, ORGANIZE, then CREATE a FOLDER.

Then Click BOOKMARKS, NEW BOOKMARKS, Select your FOLDER, and tick the box at the bottom of the window for ADD ALL TABS TO BOOKMARKS...

then simply SELECT the pages you want bookmarked and click OK.

Then when you click on the FOLDER it will open and click OPEN ALL LINKS IN THIS FOLDER.

Just like using GROUPS, with maybe one extra click.
KY Dave

Family Blog

HarryP
Fan
Fan
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:29 pm
Windows Version: WIN 7 SP1 home premium
Avant Version: 2011 beta 18
IE Version: IE9
Location: south germany
Contact:

Post by HarryP » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:23 pm

ADukes wrote:Avant Browser options -> Miscellaneous -> Use IE favorites as bookmarks
Thank you, and once more: Sorry for the question :oops: :oops:

the answer was so easy!


HarryP
Image

crom
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Posts: 688
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:40 pm
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:
Location: Milan, Italy
Contact:

Post by crom » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:42 am

ADukes wrote:Avant Browser options -> Miscellaneous -> Use IE favorites as bookmarks
thank you guys, the old good groups are back and I feel relaxed 8)
If I die I have to go before Crom and he will ask me:
"What is the rule of Steel?"
And if I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me!
That's Crom, strong on his mountain..

Dmitry_N
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:23 pm
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:
Contact:

Post by Dmitry_N » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:25 am

I think I've read a lot here but to no success :(
The question is: HOW can I access my online storage and see the list of what is there???
I remember the first time I installed Avant at work, it asked a few questions and UPLOADED all IE favorites to some place which is out there... But I DO want to upload all my IE Favorites from home as well. How can I do that?
Or am I being dumb?
Dmitry

abfan123
Avantus Maximus
Avantus Maximus
Posts: 5624
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:24 pm
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Avant Version: 11.7 build 43
IE Version: 8
Contact:

Post by abfan123 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:51 pm

Dmitry_N wrote:I think I've read a lot here but to no success :(
The question is: HOW can I access my online storage and see the list of what is there???
I remember the first time I installed Avant at work, it asked a few questions and UPLOADED all IE favorites to some place which is out there... But I DO want to upload all my IE Favorites from home as well. How can I do that?
Or am I being dumb?
Hello,
You've signed for an online account,Right?
If yes then please go to File>My Account>Switch account,Enter the account information (email & password) you've registered with at work and it should load all your settings.
Then,Go to File>Import.
Check Favorites and click "Next".
Now it should import all your IE favorites and upload them into that account.
IE8(Pro), Microsoft Security Essentials
Main PC:
Image
Secondary PC same as primary but with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate as the OS.

Dmitry_N
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:23 pm
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:
Contact:

Post by Dmitry_N » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:15 pm

abfan123 wrote:Hello,
You've signed for an online account,Right?
If yes then please go to File>My Account>Switch account,Enter the account information (email & password) you've registered with at work and it should load all your settings.
Then,Go to File>Import.
Check Favorites and click "Next".
Now it should import all your IE favorites and upload them into that account.
Thanks! Never thought that I would ever need to go to the "File" menu to look for this :)

I'll try playing with this at home.
Thanks again.
Dmitry

abfan123
Avantus Maximus
Avantus Maximus
Posts: 5624
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:24 pm
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Avant Version: 11.7 build 43
IE Version: 8
Contact:

Post by abfan123 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:17 pm

Did you mean your Avant's bookmark at home?
or IE Favorites?
IE8(Pro), Microsoft Security Essentials
Main PC:
Image
Secondary PC same as primary but with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate as the OS.

Dmitry_N
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:23 pm
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:
Contact:

Post by Dmitry_N » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:37 pm

I DO have access to the online bookmarks at home. What I will do is try to import/upload my home favorites to the online storage.
Dmitry

Libra
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:22 am
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:
Location: Moscow/Kiev

Re: RC7 Comments

Post by Libra » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:35 am

I have some question - where Avant store bookmaks and how i can make backup them ? And whether there is an ability to synchronize the "local" IE bookmarks with "online-storage" Avant bookmarks? This ability is very useful, since sometimes I use other browsers (Opera or FireFox) for check of some sites

abfan123
Avantus Maximus
Avantus Maximus
Posts: 5624
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:24 pm
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Avant Version: 11.7 build 43
IE Version: 8
Contact:

Re: RC7 Comments

Post by abfan123 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:25 am

Libra wrote:I have some question - where Avant store bookmaks and how i can make backup them ? And whether there is an ability to synchronize the "local" IE bookmarks with "online-storage" Avant bookmarks? This ability is very useful, since sometimes I use other browsers (Opera or FireFox) for check of some sites
Hello,
Avant stores bookmark in c:/documents and settings/YourUserName/application data/your@email.com/bookmarks
The file is encrypted but you're still able to backup it.
Or,You're able to use the "export" feature located under File>Export.
To import IE favorites into Avant,Just go to File>Import,Check "favorites" and click Next.
IE8(Pro), Microsoft Security Essentials
Main PC:
Image
Secondary PC same as primary but with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate as the OS.

Libra
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:22 am
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:
Location: Moscow/Kiev

Re: RC7 Comments

Post by Libra » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:55 am

abfan123 wrote:Avant stores bookmark in c:/documents and settings/YourUserName/application data/your@email.com/bookmarks
The file is encrypted but you're still able to backup it.
Or,You're able to use the "export" feature located under File>Export.
To import IE favorites into Avant,Just go to File>Import,Check "favorites" and click Next.
Thanks very much!
And more precise - in my case this path the following c:/documents and settings/YourUserName/application data/Avant Profiles/your@email.com/bookmarks

abfan123
Avantus Maximus
Avantus Maximus
Posts: 5624
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:24 pm
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Avant Version: 11.7 build 43
IE Version: 8
Contact:

Re: RC7 Comments

Post by abfan123 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:06 am

Libra wrote: And more precise - in my case this path the following c:/documents and settings/YourUserName/application data/Avant Profiles/your@email.com/bookmarks
Yes,I've forgot the "Avant Profiles" directory.
Sorry. :oops:
IE8(Pro), Microsoft Security Essentials
Main PC:
Image
Secondary PC same as primary but with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate as the OS.

User avatar
hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Posts: 11321
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:09 pm
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers
Location: Ohio, USA
Contact:

Post by hornakapopolis » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:13 pm

Isn't there still an error when importing the bookmarks into IE?

Locked