AB doesnt remember last visited pages

These archives contain old topics that were moved here to prevent clutter in the forums. These threads may still contain some useful information.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

schmidte
Avant Version:

AB doesnt remember last visited pages

Post by schmidte » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:04 am

Hi
The Problem is, that normally in the adress-tab you can click the pages you did visit in the last time (the dropdown by the small arrow) (i dont know the exact name :( ). When Avant is opened the whole time, this works. i can click a page that i visited maybe 2h ago. but after i rebooted this list is EMPTY.
the auto-complete function still knows this sites (if i write http://www.we he shows me http://www.web.de or so). but the dropdown list is EMPTY.
how do i solve this??

mfg, iche

gary100856
Fan
Fan
Avant Version:

Post by gary100856 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:51 am

Check Avant Options / Clear Records / Typed Addresses.

It should be unchecked I believe in order that typed addresses are kept from session to session
Avant 10.1 build 17
XP pro, IE 6
Kerio Firewall

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Post by hornakapopolis » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:14 am

Also, in the same area, make sure that History of Visited Web Pages is unchecked.

SweetLou
Avant Guru
Avant Guru
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Post by SweetLou » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:18 pm

The reason it shows for one and not the other is because these are actually two different things. One is your typed address, the other is your history of recent web sites, I think in the registry, it can hold the last 25 sites.

So, you need to discover which is not being kept, either through Avant or some other software that is removing these items. The items in the dropdown list are your typed address (and pasted), you can find them in at

Code: Select all

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs
. See if that is populated. If not, see what happens in IE. This might help shorten the list down, if it isn't working in IE, then most likely, it isn't Avant. But if it is working in IE, then it could be a setting in Avant.
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper. -Benjamin Franklin
Where's the dancing and singing monkey?

schmidte
Avant Version:

Post by schmidte » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:00 am

Hi

the options you mentioned were already right. theres only the popuplist and the commercial list checked.

at this registry key there are only the pages that stand in the drop-down list when i visited them now. after rebooting this registry key is empty!!!
in the IExplorer its the same thing.
i checked for viruses with kaspersky AV, spybot and ad-aware. nothing found.

plz, help me :)

Dodda
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Avant Version:

Post by Dodda » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:02 am

Maybe you have a Program is just for cleaning your cookies before you shut down your windows..there are alot of these programs like " Windows Washer " or Registery Cleaner..if so ..try to uncheck this option from this program..i hope that works with you!

schmidte
Avant Version:

Post by schmidte » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:35 am

hm
ok i don´t know why, but now it works. i fixed an option in XP-Antispy that said cleaning Cookies after shutdown, maybe this was the point. maybe it was another thing, my PC made the last time so much trouble and crashed at least 5times a day, so i changed here a bit and there a bit, now it works but i don´t know what it was :)

mfg, iche