i like avant

These archives contain old topics that were moved here to prevent clutter in the forums. These threads may still contain some useful information.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Locked
UFO UFO
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:32 am
Avant Version:

i like avant

Post by UFO UFO » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:41 am

i just wanted to say that i like the software of avant , and that the developer of it makes new versions about every week or so...

keep the good work!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

omnios
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:37 pm
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:
Location: Ontario Canada

Post by omnios » Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:52 am

Second that!

UFO UFO
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:32 am
Avant Version:

Post by UFO UFO » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:06 pm

what?

abfan123
Avantus Maximus
Avantus Maximus
Posts: 5624
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:24 pm
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Avant Version: 11.7 build 43
IE Version: 8
Contact:

Post by abfan123 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:17 pm

UFO UFO wrote:what?
He probably mean that he agree with you

btw
No new versions since 03/20 (10 days already)
Just wondering why?
Maybe Anderson make some major changes for new version?
Cuz usually there are some 4-5 new builds by week....
IE8(Pro), Microsoft Security Essentials
Main PC:
Image
Secondary PC same as primary but with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate as the OS.

Sergei
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Posts: 2488
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:09 am
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:
Location: Galway, Ireland
Contact:

Post by Sergei » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:36 pm

You kids today are so spoiled! :D Weeks can go by without a new build sometimes.
My Cartoons
:
IE7 ][ Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 ][ Avast! Antivirus ][ Kerio Firewall ][ DSL

abfan123
Avantus Maximus
Avantus Maximus
Posts: 5624
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:24 pm
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Avant Version: 11.7 build 43
IE Version: 8
Contact:

Post by abfan123 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:42 pm

Sergei wrote:You kids today are so spoiled! :D Weeks can go by without a new build sometimes.
I can
Build 165 works very stable for me so for me the current build is ok

I just wondering why...
Because usually there are more than 2 new builds by week...
IE8(Pro), Microsoft Security Essentials
Main PC:
Image
Secondary PC same as primary but with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate as the OS.

User avatar
angeldust
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Posts: 2295
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:45 pm
Windows Version: Windows 7
Avant Version: 2010 Bld 127
IE Version: 8
Location: T.O. Canada
Contact:

Post by angeldust » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:53 pm

abfan123btw wrote: No new versions since 03/20 (10 days already)
Just wondering why?
Maybe Anderson make some major changes for new version?
Cuz usually there are some 4-5 new builds by week....
Anderson's updates of Avant are dependent upon what bugs are reported and fine tuning the app. Sometimes he issues what we call silent updates which are the fine tunings or he will work on Beta versions that can be found in the Beta Threads and then of course being the only person developing Avant his wife of a year does want some quality time for them, soo...
To be Truly Loved is to Live, I HAVE Lived. Image

abfan123
Avantus Maximus
Avantus Maximus
Posts: 5624
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:24 pm
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Avant Version: 11.7 build 43
IE Version: 8
Contact:

Post by abfan123 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:03 pm

angeldust wrote:
abfan123btw wrote: No new versions since 03/20 (10 days already)
Just wondering why?
Maybe Anderson make some major changes for new version?
Cuz usually there are some 4-5 new builds by week....
Anderson's updates of Avant are dependent upon what bugs are reported and fine tuning the app. Sometimes he issues what we call silent updates which are the fine tunings or he will work on Beta versions that can be found in the Beta Threads and then of course being the only person developing Avant his wife of a year does want some quality time for them, soo...
I know

But I just thought that he's going to make something major on the next release
Because I watched a changelog
From last build of version 9.02
Something like 1 month without a single update and then came a new major version 10 with many new features...
IE8(Pro), Microsoft Security Essentials
Main PC:
Image
Secondary PC same as primary but with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate as the OS.

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Posts: 7244
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2003 10:40 pm
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2016 Build 1
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11
Skin: Crystal
Location: New York

Post by bigC » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:28 pm

abfan123 wrote:I know

But I just thought that he's going to make something major on the next release
Because I watched a changelog
From last build of version 9.02
Something like 1 month without a single update and then came a new major version 10 with many new features...
But there were like a dozen betas in that month lull. We don't list betas in the changelogs.

User avatar
TimSkin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:46 am
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: i like avant

Post by TimSkin » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:16 am

UFO UFO wrote:i just wanted to say that i like the software of avant , and that the developer of it makes new versions about every week or so...

keep the good work!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
If you like Avant Browser that much you should donate to it.
It's in menu Help, Donate to Avant Browser.
That way, Anderson can still create new versions of AB, and that will raise the quality of AB to an ever higher level :) .
Windows XP Pro SP2 and Norton AntiVirus 2005 (Dutch)
ZoneAlarm Pro 6 (English)
Avant Browser version 10.1 latest final build

Image

Pip
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Posts: 2601
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:46 pm
Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Avant Version: 2012Ultimate V171
IE Version: IE9
Location: Michigan U.S.A.

Re: i like avant

Post by Pip » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:22 am

TimSkin wrote: If you like Avant Browser that much you should donate to it.
It's in menu Help, Donate to Avant Browser.
That way, Anderson can still create new versions of AB, and that will raise the quality of AB to an ever higher level :) .
How do you know he hasn't donated already??
Image

Veni, Vidi, Velcro - I Came, I Saw, I Stuck Around

User avatar
TimSkin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:46 am
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by TimSkin » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:28 am

I don't. But if he did donate already, he wouldn't post that again here since he already made clear that he loves AB that much by donating to it... :)
Last edited by TimSkin on Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows XP Pro SP2 and Norton AntiVirus 2005 (Dutch)
ZoneAlarm Pro 6 (English)
Avant Browser version 10.1 latest final build

Image

Pip
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Posts: 2601
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:46 pm
Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Avant Version: 2012Ultimate V171
IE Version: IE9
Location: Michigan U.S.A.

Post by Pip » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:43 am

Why Not?

Image
Last edited by Pip on Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image

Veni, Vidi, Velcro - I Came, I Saw, I Stuck Around

User avatar
TimSkin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:46 am
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by TimSkin » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:18 pm

Never mind (off topic).
I just show that I love AB by adding a sig (which means: hey, I really like it :D )
Windows XP Pro SP2 and Norton AntiVirus 2005 (Dutch)
ZoneAlarm Pro 6 (English)
Avant Browser version 10.1 latest final build

Image

chankarchun
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:25 am
Avant Version:

Post by chankarchun » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:02 pm

i like ab too, but i can afford to donate since i m still a student.

UFO UFO
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:32 am
Avant Version:

Post by UFO UFO » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:16 pm

well, i didn't donate to avant since i don't have a job(yet), and i want to study in collage soon.

anyway , when i get some money , i will think about it, really.

yet i have the feeling that i will do that when it gets to version 20 or something.... :? i hope not. :roll:

Locked