v. 11.7 build 46 freezes

If you're not using Avant Browser 2012, but need assistance, please post here. Don't forget to search Old Topics first, though, please!

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Angelynn
Windows Version: Vista Home Ed. 32 bit
Avant Version: 11.7 Build 45
IE Version: 8

v. 11.7 build 46 freezes

Post by Angelynn » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:40 pm

I seem to be having a problem with Avant freezing when I have multiple windows open or when I am in BIng and looking at images. If I click on an image, and then try to open a new window to see the image in it's entirety, it freezes after opening the initial window but before the entire window opens up fully. I eventually have to close the browser and reopen with less pages to see anuthing at all. have not changed browser versions because of all the problems. I use Vista 32 bit home version on a Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop. Any suggestions?
Last edited by bigC on Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to Avant Old Version Help
Angy

kudos
Support Staff²
Support Staff²
Avant Version:

Re: v. 11.7 build 46 freezes

Post by kudos » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:27 pm

Does it work correctly in Internet Explorer? If not then reset IE which should fix Avant too: Close all browsers then go to Control Panel >> Internet Options >> Advanced >> Reset

Also, set Avant to use the IE8 rendering mode: Go to Set Avant to use IE 8 Rendering Engine, download and run IEMode, select "IE8+" then restart Avant.

.:Volunteer support staff (regular user):.
I am not a member of the Avant / Orca development team
Please search this forum / the Wiki before posting questions
Forum Rules | Frequently Asked Questions | Active Topics