Beta 9 AND Text for translating :-)

Contains all announcements of Avant Browser releases.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Sergei
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Post by Sergei » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:47 pm

I'm sure it was. Foolishly, I renamed it before hitting the 'Finish' button in the last screen of the install, so installing wasn't complete.

I've tried reinstalling, but I'm still getting the link to open in Avant in the Picture Edit menu. Anyone else get this?
My Cartoons
:
IE7 ][ Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 ][ Avast! Antivirus ][ Kerio Firewall ][ DSL

robc
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate SP1
Avant Version: 11.6 Build 20
IE Version: 7

Post by robc » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:58 pm

Guys, guys, why the hassle of renaming each time :wink: ? Just create a batch file containing the following

Code: Select all

if not exist "c:\program files\avant\iexplore.exe" copy "c:\program files\avant\avant.exe" "c:\program files\avant\iexplore.exe"
"c:\program files\avant\iexplore.exe"
and use a shortcut to it to launch avant: each time you reinstall (to the same folder, of course), the folder gets cleared so the previous iexplore.exe gets deleted; each time you lanch the batch file between upgrades, the iexplore.exe file is still there and the copy command doesn't execute.
Image formerly known as Image

Sergei
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Avant Version:

Post by Sergei » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:49 pm

Might do something like that when the beta testing's over.
My Cartoons
:
IE7 ][ Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 ][ Avast! Antivirus ][ Kerio Firewall ][ DSL

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

hornakapopolis 4800

Post by hornakapopolis » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:50 pm

Personally, now that the image zoom is fixed, I see no need to rename.
Last edited by hornakapopolis on Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sergei
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Avant Version:

Post by Sergei » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:19 pm

To integrate the SP2 security features. There are other ways, but I prefer this as it leaves the registry alone.
My Cartoons
:

mindlikewater
Avant Version:

Noticed a recurring problem with Google toolbar

Post by mindlikewater » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:14 am

Not a major concern, I may be one of only a few people setting up my toolbars this way. For some reason, I can not get the Google toolbar to stay where I want after locking the toolbar locations. This happens everytime after a restart of Avant. It was never a problem with 10.0 build 168. For some reason when its locating or resizing the toolbars on the startup of Avant, mine tends to get shoved to the right. I like to have my Address bar and Google bar side by side sharing half the same toolbar line(trying to keep things compact up top). In addition (being nit-picky now), its much slower to drag the Google toolbar back covering half of the address bar. I just wanted to point this out, because it was very stable in build 168, but not here in Beta 9.

Xlrr8
Avant Version:

Post by Xlrr8 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:31 pm

Ok on 2 windows xp machines now every time i start AB i get that start wizard. How to stop ? ?

robc
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate SP1
Avant Version: 11.6 Build 20
IE Version: 7

Post by robc » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:01 pm

Number three! :lol: :lol: :lol: have a look at the text inside the dialogs... it says that the dialogs will always display in the beta... I was being fooled myself the first couple of times, by the time I was posting the question I reread the dialog and almost stopped short of pressing the submit button :wink:
Image formerly known as Image

mindlikewater
Avant Version:

Post by mindlikewater » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:16 pm

Xlrr8 wrote:Ok on 2 windows xp machines now every time i start AB i get that start wizard. How to stop ? ?
Not sure, but this sounds familiar to an earlier post. Look at the post, I think the 7th one. Read the notes at the bottom of the first wizard screen. Says something like "This is a beta version. For (language pack) testing purposes this Getting Started wizard will come up everytime." So it's just something we have to deal with in this beta version. The official version obviously doesn't do this.

Xlrr8
Avant Version:

Post by Xlrr8 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:11 am

RTFM ! ;o

JohnnyBravo
Avant Version:

Post by JohnnyBravo » Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:02 am

duke duke wrote:For me with this beta: Minimizing, then restoring causes Avant to cover Windows taskbar again. This happens in compact view. I will check normal view momentarily

duke
For whatever reason, it happens also here. Absolutely random and without a logic behind, but it happens only in Compact mode and is annoying.

pydon
Avant Version:

Scroll

Post by pydon » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:16 am

French translation updated and sent.
Last edited by pydon on Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aedan
Avant Version:

Post by Aedan » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:17 am

Anyone knows why this version of Avant is veeeeeeery slow, when I minimize and restore the window, the interface takes some time to appear.

gary100856
Fan
Fan
Avant Version:

Post by gary100856 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:27 pm

I would like to see more consistency in the layout of the Tools menu entry, the Avant Options Browsing Options menu, and the new Options icon on the Standard Buttons bar.

The Tools menu contains a new entry for holding CTRL down to use the images menu, but the Avant Options Browsing Options menu doesn't have this although it seems to have everything else in the Tools menu section in which one finds the new CTRL option. As well the different options are not in the same order. The new Options button on the face of it would seem likely to get one to all available options not just browsing options and so ought to be retitled perhaps; as well the entries are not in the same order as either of the other two and again the CTRL entry is missing.

I think these ought to all be consistent - it woould look as though it were more thoughtfully designed and be quicker to use
Avant 10.1 build 17
XP pro, IE 6
Kerio Firewall

wilson389
Avant Version:

Post by wilson389 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:20 am

i think i can help translating trad chinese version, however, there's only a few new icons and options that need to translate, can anyone highlight them for me?
In addition, is that i just type down the chinese word or i have to put the words in some sort of code?

Circumlocutus
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: N/A
Avant Version: N/A
IE Version: N/A

Post by Circumlocutus » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:46 pm

Is it me, or have MysteryFCM's Avant extensions (early versions) stopped working with this beta?

They continued to function with the installation of previous betas but they have disappeared after I installed Beta 9.
WARNING

This post contains one or more words known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash your eyes after reading.

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2016 Build 1
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11
Skin: Crystal

Post by bigC » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:30 pm

wilson389 wrote:i think i can help translating trad chinese version, however, there's only a few new icons and options that need to translate, can anyone highlight them for me?
In addition, is that i just type down the chinese word or i have to put the words in some sort of code?
Download the eng.txt file in the first post of this thread. That contains only all the new terms to be translated. Replace the english words with chinese & send it to Anderson. :wink:
Terranaut wrote:Is it me, or have MysteryFCM's Avant extensions (early versions) stopped working with this beta?
They work ok here but I'm not sure if I have the same early versions you refer to. I have the 1_0_9 set.

wilson389
Avant Version:

Post by wilson389 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:47 pm

in the translation file, what is meant by_C and _H? By the way, can anyone tell me if there's somebody else translating trad/simplified chinese?

wilson389
Avant Version:

Post by wilson389 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:26 pm

traditional chinese translations ready and transfered

ADukes
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic
Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP2
Avant Version: 11.7 Build 19
IE Version: Internet Explorer 7

Re: Beta 9 AND Text for translating :-)

Post by ADukes » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:09 am

Anderson wrote:Text for translation:
http://www.avantbrowser.com/download/eng.txt

If you want to help with translation, please right-click the above link and choose [Save Target As...] to download the text file. Please translate all text after "=". Please use the most plain words in your language, and don't translate literally.
Some missing translation variables:

- "Refresh" (Refresh button tooltip in the history of the sidebar)
- "Alt+Home" (Home button tooltip)
- "Alt+Left" (Back button tooltip)
- "Alt+Right" (Forward button tooltip)
- and maybe all shotcut entries of the menu bar "Ctrl+" "Shift+Ctrl+"