What's happening to AB?

Discuss Avant Browser. Do not post support requests, bug reports, suggestions for new or improved features, etc. here. Put those in the Help, Bug Reports, and Requests forums, respectively.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Arandora
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic
Windows Version: Win 8.1 64 PC/Win 8. 64 laptop
Avant Version: Both AB Lite 2016 v2
Default engine: IE11 Standards
IE Version: IE 11 on PC and laptop
Skin: Aluminium

What's happening to AB?

Post by Arandora » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:50 am

Been away from AB for a few months now using Chrome instead. Just returned to the message "a new version is avaialble" only to find after installing it that there is no new version, just the old bug erroneously saying there is. Judging by the reduction in the number of new posts on most forums, especially the Help one, I wonder whether the developer has given up. :thumbdown:
Laptop Windows 8.2 64 bit, IE11; PC Win 8.1, IE11. Both AB Lite 2016 b 2 IE Favorites, IE11 Standards rendering engine.

Nederpietos
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic
Windows Version: 10 pro
Avant Version: 2017 build 3 ult
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: IE11
Skin: stickers on blue

Re: What's happening to AB?

Post by Nederpietos » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:33 pm

Reason it's so quiet in this forum is according to me that Avant uses the new skin as standard skin. You have to click a ? in the menu to find you way to this forum, while with the classic skins you saw "help" directly on top of your browser.

It's just too hard to find for new users with a new skin.

Arandora
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic
Windows Version: Win 8.1 64 PC/Win 8. 64 laptop
Avant Version: Both AB Lite 2016 v2
Default engine: IE11 Standards
IE Version: IE 11 on PC and laptop
Skin: Aluminium

Re: What's happening to AB?

Post by Arandora » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:35 pm

I and I am sure many other AB regular users were aware of the changes you have described which have existed in previous versions for years not months. As a committed user of AB for many years until a few months ago I changed to Chrome as my default browser being frustrated with the basic problems with AB that were not being addressed. I returned to day, hoping to find another version that had addressed those faults, was fooled into believing there was a new version available only to find it was the same bug that was reported, not addressed and no new version available. So it's back regrettably to Chrome for me!
Laptop Windows 8.2 64 bit, IE11; PC Win 8.1, IE11. Both AB Lite 2016 b 2 IE Favorites, IE11 Standards rendering engine.