Any 'Application Error' workarounds?

Discuss Avant Browser. Do not post support requests, bug reports, suggestions for new or improved features, etc. here. Put those in the Help, Bug Reports, and Requests forums, respectively.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Any 'Application Error' workarounds?

Post by hornakapopolis » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:19 pm

Does anyone have any tips for working around the (now numerous) Application Error dialogs Avant brings up now?

With b28, I can still wok with the browser when I get them, but I they pop up about 4 times before a page loads. Previously, and still occasionally, I get them where I can't do anything with Avant without completely rebooting the computer. I've looked for instances of it still running, I've tried logging out of my Windows account and logging back in, but only a reboot seems to fix it.

Has anyone found any methods that work better?

The three engines in a single browser is such a help, but for the past couple of years, my former favorite piece of software in the world has all the reliability of a '60s Jag.
Attachments
AvantExceptionErrorScreenshot.jpg

Nederpietos
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic
Windows Version: 10 pro
Avant Version: 2017 build 3 ult
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: IE11
Skin: stickers on blue

Re: Any 'Application Error' workarounds?

Post by Nederpietos » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:26 am

No idea if this will work for you, but i found this with google:

1. Click on Start > Run > regedit & press Enter
2. Find this key name HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanServer\Parameters
3. Locate IRPStackSize
4. If this value does not exist Right Click on Parameters key and Click on New > Dword Value and type in IRPStackSize under the name.
5. The name of the value must be exactly (combination of uppercase and lowercase letters) the same as what I have above.
6. Right Click on the IRPStackSize and click on Modify
7. Select Decimal enter a value 20 or higher (Maximum Value is 50 decimal) and Click Ok
8. You can close the registry editor and restart your computer.

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Re: Any 'Application Error' workarounds?

Post by hornakapopolis » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:26 pm

Nope... doesn't work. Tried that a long time ago. (And from what I'm understanding of what that is doing, it's not something we should have to be doing in the first place.)

I didn't word it well, I guess, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips for when they ran into the issue that didn't involve rebooting.