podcast download

Discuss Avant Browser. Do not post support requests, bug reports, suggestions for new or improved features, etc. here. Put those in the Help, Bug Reports, and Requests forums, respectively.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

mathman
Avantic
Avantic
Windows Version: 10 (64 bit)
Avant Version: 2016 utimate latest
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: IE11
Skin: Crystal (may vary)

podcast download

Post by mathman » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:48 pm

Audio podcasts are usually in .mp3 form. They are described that way when I download them, but recently they have been coming in as .mp2.

This is a nuisance, since Windows explorer is unable to display length and size information. I can manually change the suffix to .mp3 and things are fine.

This started recently. I don't know whether it is an artifact of build 23 or something unrelated to Avant. Any comments?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. I just ran some tests. Using Avant with IE9 or Firefox rendering the podcasts download as .mp2. Using Firefox directly the podcast downloads as .mp3. Strong indication that it is an Avant problem.

mathman
Avantic
Avantic

Re: podcast download

Post by mathman » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:21 am

Further information. The problem occurs using IE9 rendering (my default). Using Firefox rendering, mp3 files download properly (as mp3, not mp2).

In passing, note that it is easy to work around - change mp2 to mp3 before downloading.

ZHANG FELIX
Windows Version: windows 7
Avant Version: Avant 1.6
IE Version: N/A

Post by ZHANG FELIX » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:48 am

Where I can download it, I will try it!
www.cusabio.com/igg elisa kit

mathman
Avantic
Avantic

Post by mathman » Sat May 18, 2013 3:14 am

mathman wrote:Further information. The problem occurs using IE9 rendering (my default). Using Firefox rendering, mp3 files download properly (as mp3, not mp2).

In passing, note that it is easy to work around - change mp2 to mp3 before downloading.
Further note: I tried IE9 directly (not using Avant) and the same thing happened - mp3 was changed to mp2.

mathman
Avantic
Avantic

Post by mathman » Mon May 27, 2013 10:41 pm

I would like to report this problem to Microsoft, since it is an IE9 problem, not Avant. I could use some guidance, since there doesn't seem to be any easy way to do it, like the Avant forum here.

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

Post by mbrazil » Tue May 28, 2013 2:10 am

mathman wrote:I would like to report this problem to Microsoft, since it is an IE9 problem, not Avant. I could use some guidance, since there doesn't seem to be any easy way to do it, like the Avant forum here.
Go to http://connect.microsoft.com/IE. You'll need a Microsoft account (what used to be called a Windows Live ID), but if you don't already have one, you can register on the login page.

mathman
Avantic
Avantic

Post by mathman » Thu May 30, 2013 4:38 am

Thank you mbrazil. I did submit a bug report. Microsoft bug reporting is such a hassle. They could learn from Avant.

mathman
Avantic
Avantic

Post by mathman » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:00 pm

I am happy to report that this problem has finally been fixed. I believe it happened with the last few weeks. I had received a bunch of Windows updates on Dec. 13, including one for IE9. That could be the date.