Avant 2012

Discuss Avant Browser. Do not post support requests, bug reports, suggestions for new or improved features, etc. here. Put those in the Help, Bug Reports, and Requests forums, respectively.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

pkchu520
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: Windows 10
Avant Version: Ultimate 2018 built latest
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: IE11
Skin: Crystal

Re: Avant 2012

Post by pkchu520 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:47 am

Hi Mike, I can't agree with you that Avant 2013 is Avant 2012 with some new features (many in response to requests) and a lot of bug fixes that were not resolved in Avant 2012. What are the new features? Instead Avant 2013 messes up the Split View, and my Search Engine setting are wiped out. I learnt from Support that it cannot be restored because the pane is different. Also, do you notice Avio doesn't work with Avant 2013 anymore?

I backup my profile and now I am back to Avant 2012. How do I restore my profile? Thank you.
Pablo
Avant Browser Ultimate 2018 build latest
Default rendering engine: Chrome
IE version: IE11
Windows version: Windoes 10

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

Re: Avant 2012

Post by mbrazil » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:30 pm

pkchu520 wrote:Avant 2013 messes up the Split View
I wasn't aware of this problem until the recent discussions of it, since I never use Split View. I'm sure Anderson will get it working again.
pkchu520 wrote:my Search Engine setting are wiped out. I learnt from Support that it cannot be restored
You can recreate the search engine settings you used in Avant 2012. Go to Tools > Avant Browser Options > Search Engine, click the Other Search tab, and click the Add button. You can duplicate the search settings here that you had in Avant 2012. It's just a different interface.
pkchu520 wrote:Also, do you notice Avio doesn't work with Avant 2013 anymore?
What is Avio? I've never heard of it, and a Google search just turned up a lot of hits on an Italian aerospace company and a couple on a vineyard.
pkchu520 wrote:How do I restore my profile?
If you backed up your profile using Tools > Backup/Restore Profiles, just choose one of the backups from the list in the Backup/Restore dialog box, and then click the Restore button.

If you made a copy of the Avant Profiles folder, just close Avant, copy the backup over the current Avant Profiles folder, and restart Avant.