Compatilbe with the tool buttons of firefox and chrome?

Discuss Avant Browser. Do not post support requests, bug reports, suggestions for new or improved features, etc. here. Put those in the Help, Bug Reports, and Requests forums, respectively.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Compatilbe with the tool buttons of firefox and chrome?

Post by Jasmine » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:38 am

Hi all,

As many users requested to make avant compatible with the tool buttons of firefox and chrome, the author plans to add a separate toolbar for housing these buttons. That means it's impossible for these icons to be put in the same line of the address bar. Do you think whether this design is ok?
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

Re: Compatilbe with the tool buttons of firefox and chrome?

Post by mbrazil » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:43 pm

I don't see any problem with that. :clap:

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Avant Version: 2016 Build 1
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11
Skin: Crystal

Post by bigC » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:07 pm

Isn't it like that already when using FF rendering?

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by mbrazil » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:35 pm

bigC wrote:Isn't it like that already when using FF rendering?
Not for Avant-generated toolbars. You can move any toolbar that Avant creates and manages so it is on the same line (e.g., next to) the address bar. What I think Jasmine is saying is that the new toolbar could be positioned in the same line with other Avant toolbars (like the Search Bar, Bookmarks Bar, etc.), but it could not be positioned in the same line with the address bar. The toolbars you're thinking of that the Firefox engine creates and manages actually appear in the rendering pane and cannot be moved into the same areas where the Avant toolbars appear.
Avant - toolbars.jpg

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Jasmine » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:32 am

Like LastPass which takes effect as a button in firefox while doesn't function alright in avant, these buttons will be put in a separate toolbar in the future. However, its implementation won't come with the first version of avant 2013 but be done gradually after its release.
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by bigC » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:17 pm

Jasmine wrote:Like LastPass which takes effect as a button in firefox while doesn't function alright in avant, these buttons will be put in a separate toolbar in the future.
OK I get that.. but why can't that new separate toolbar share a line with the address bar but it can with any other bar?

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Post by AXEMAN » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:08 am

bigC wrote:
Jasmine wrote:Like LastPass which takes effect as a button in firefox while doesn't function alright in avant, these buttons will be put in a separate toolbar in the future.
OK I get that.. but why can't that new separate toolbar share a line with the address bar but it can with any other bar?
Notorious BigC .s idea is the better way to go i think.If possable :lol: :?: :?:

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by bigC » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:14 pm

Huh? What idea?

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Jasmine » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:29 am

bigC wrote:
I didn't say it can share a line with other bars. I only meant it existed as a separate bar. At most, it may be put side by side with other bars as they do now, like how toolbar, address bar and search bar are arranged by default. However, this is yet to be confirmed by the author how they will be put together as the new design of 2013 may change the original interface layout.

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by mbrazil » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:30 am

Jasmine wrote:However, this is yet to be confirmed by the author how they will be put together as the new design of 2013 may change the original interface layout.
I can't say I like the sound of that. :roll: I can't stand any of the "modern" browser user interfaces, like recent versions of IE, Firefox, and Chrome. :thumbdown: Please tell Anderson that, if he wants make some changes to the user interface, please, please make it possible for users to revert back to the interface we have now in 2012 (make any UI changes optional).

I think that one of the main reasons Avant has such a dedicated group of users is that it hasn't succumbed to the trend to oversimplify the user interface. As long as the user has the final say in what is or isn't displayed in their installed Avant browser, Avant will continue to grow and be successful. The more control the user has of the various components of the user interface, whether or not they're displayed and where they are in relation to one another, the more likely they are to be comfortable and satisfied with the browser. Recent versions of IE really annoy me because things I need to use frequently aren't readily accessible, and I'm not allowed to drag toolbars where I want them (in some cases). :evil: The more flexible the user interface, the better!

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Jasmine » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:43 am

mbrazil wrote:
Jasmine wrote:However, this is yet to be confirmed by the author how they will be put together as the new design of 2013 may change the original interface layout.
I can't say I like the sound of that. :roll: I can't stand any of the "modern" browser user interfaces, like recent versions of IE, Firefox, and Chrome. :thumbdown: Please tell Anderson that, if he wants make some changes to the user interface, please, please make it possible for users to revert back to the interface we have now in 2012 (make any UI changes optional).
In fact,he has decided to keep the old style. Meanwhile, chrome's style is also implemented.

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by mbrazil » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:46 am

Jasmine wrote:In fact,he has decided to keep the old style. Meanwhile, chrome's style is also implemented.
That's a big relief! :thumbup:

Raffhell
Windows Version: Windows 7
Avant Version: 2012 build 189
IE Version: 9.0.8112.16455

Post by Raffhell » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:29 pm

Jasmine wrote:the author plans to add a separate toolbar for housing these buttons.
I'd like to see a extension bar for chrome :clap: