Any plans fore a ribbon interface?

Discuss Avant Browser. Do not post support requests, bug reports, suggestions for new or improved features, etc. here. Put those in the Help, Bug Reports, and Requests forums, respectively.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

statm1
Windows Version: Windows 8/7
Avant Version: 2012 Build 181
IE Version: 10

Re: Any plans fore a ribbon interface?

Post by statm1 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:39 am

Aero might be nice. Might be some hurdles to climb though if Aero support is added and we want to keep custom skin support. I don't know if Firefox still has the custom skin ability or not since Firefox 4 uses Aero now.
-- Matt --

CamelD
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Windows Version: XP SP3
Avant Version: 11.7 b21
IE Version: 7

Post by CamelD » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:48 pm

Look at Paint.NET that uses a "cosmetic" ribbon interface. Looks and works great, but isn't an actual ribbon interface, so doesn't suffer from the normal weirdness/quirkiness.

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Post by Jasmine » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:07 am

I justs noticed that moving the tab bar to the second dispalyer makes the page area larger.

1.jpg
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

f1ch
Windows Version: vista 32
Avant Version: always the freshest
IE Version: not my first choice

Post by f1ch » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:09 am

my input is this: why not use the skins settup to apply different mimic themes for personalization, this would allow for the head man to keeps his original programming and style while allowing others to make their own choice. This allows for better user retention in the way of removing the neccesity of changing browsers often. Unlike users like me... faithfull, it would give a little wiggle room when it comes to personalization,while im on the topic my favorite type of interface is one that allows complete personalization, with the ability to move buttons tools and manipulate windows, though i have used avant nearly exclusivly i havent messed with it much so these options may be present... well hopefully without sounding stupid..especially with the last few sentences.. i dont see why the program shouldnt have everything the competion has an more, though the program needs to stay authentic to its base programming in regaurds to efficientcy and stability it also needs flexibily and to be profound in a sense that if someone wanted to crank it up a notch and hog up 2 gigz of ram while surfing there should be the availability to change modes or loadouts to accommodate all. thats enough of my rant... how bout that for a first post :shh: