-ve Attitude of the Developers

Discuss Avant Browser. Do not post support requests, bug reports, suggestions for new or improved features, etc. here. Put those in the Help, Bug Reports, and Requests forums, respectively.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

krgh
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Windows Version: Windows XP SP3
Avant Version: 10.52
IE Version: 8

-ve Attitude of the Developers

Post by krgh » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:44 am

Hi,

Day by Day, I have started to Hate AB more and More. Developers Just dont listen.
I think its all because of the Developers Attitude.

1. They dont look at our feedback. Same errors & issues are carried over and over with Builds

2. They dont care for our requests (Forget suggestions). They simple say "its removed. look somewhere else". http://forum.avantbrowser.com/viewtopic ... 59#p170259

3. They make users life more and more difficult than simplifying. Just look at the forum. Its just filled with Bug report. And the solution is - try that, try this. or else revert to 11.7.x version. If the only solution for all issue is to revert to 11.7.x, then why dont u make it the available release in main download page.

4. Forget big issues. Simple issues like Tab Focus, Screen redraw, Refresh, Zoom issues are carried over Builds.

5. Upon all this new Bug, They remove very important features like Cut/Copy Menu. Group Menu. Who is giving them input about all these.

And, where the **** is Mr. Anderson. Why is hidden from all of us. WE NEED HIS ANSWER.

I think by 2010 release, AB has almost halfed its userbase.

U can ban me, remove me or tell me move onto other browser or switch to other version or give me names, I DONT CARE. I LOVE AB AND will stay with GOOD OLD 10.52 Version. Just my Heart Burns with all these

V. V Anoyed AB USER

Regards
Gururaja

MysteryFCM
Administrator
Administrator
Windows Version: 10, 8.0, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP
Avant Version: 13.00 Build 23
Default engine: Gecko
IE Version: 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, 11.x
Skin: AthenX

Re: -ve Attitude of the Developers

Post by MysteryFCM » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:00 pm

We won't ban or remove folk for voicing their opinions, that's what these forums are here for ;)

krgh
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Windows Version: Windows XP SP3
Avant Version: 10.52

Post by krgh » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:51 pm

MysteryFCM wrote:We won't ban or remove folk for voicing their opinions, that's what these forums are here for ;)
Atlast something to cheer about AB. Only Better if Developers wouldnt ban considering users while making decision.

Thanks & regards
Gururaja

angeldust
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 7
Avant Version: 2010 Bld 127

Post by angeldust » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:33 pm

The Developer rarely visits this Volunteer Forum. We have nothing to do with developement and are just end users like you that try to help each other out.
To be Truly Loved is to Live, I HAVE Lived. Image

flowrush
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: Win7.64bit.HP
Avant Version: 2010b122
IE Version: 8.0.6001

Post by flowrush » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:52 pm

Yup 10.52 was amazing. The multirowed fixed-width tabs and me never personally having crashing issues or issues with certain websites made it a fine browser. It seems like with each version it has been one step forward and two steps back.

And I don't presume Anderson will ever show his face because he is well aware of the mess Avant has become. I do however wish that the 2010 version remained a beta and 11.7 was still the primary stable download (and the 10.52 as a stable backup). 2010 is not prepared as a stable release yet and I knew this because of how short the actual beta cycle was to begin with.