What has happened to Avant?

Discuss Avant Browser. Do not post support requests, bug reports, suggestions for new or improved features, etc. here. Put those in the Help, Bug Reports, and Requests forums, respectively.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

a_riot42
Avant Version:

What has happened to Avant?

Post by a_riot42 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:32 am

As a longtime user I am perplexed as to the state of Avant at this point. It is essentially unusable for me now. I tried going back to an older version but it locks up, is very slow to browse, and I often end up killing it with task manager. The very early versions seemed much more stable. Is there a consensus as to which verison was the most stable? I will use that from now on, but if not I think I will have to abandon it. Shame....
Paul

Sara
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 7
Avant Version: 2015 build 27lite
Default engine: N/A
IE Version: IE 10(64 bit)
Skin: Crystal

Re: What has happened to Avant?

Post by Sara » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:38 am

As this is your first post I assume you haven't asked for help with the problems you are having. I would advise that you post them under Help--one thread for each problem. Searching may well give you solutions as well. Please read #7 in our Rules for Avant Browser Forum thread as knowing what is running with Avant can often offer answers to problems.

I'm using the current version of Avant without the On-line option and I find it very stable.

Sara :)

a_riot42
Avant Version:

Post by a_riot42 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:44 am

Sara wrote:As this is your first post I assume you haven't asked for help with the problems you are having. I would advise that you post them under Help--one thread for each problem. Searching may well give you solutions as well. Please read #7 in our Rules for Avant Browser Forum thread as knowing what is running with Avant can often offer answers to problems.

I'm using the current version of Avant without the On-line option and I find it very stable.

First post with this login. I tried to renew my password but the server doesn't recognize my email address. So I tried to register using that address and it says its in use?!?

Anyway, I had no need to ask for help using previous versions of AB and now with the newer versions I am thinking I would just like to go back to what I liked. Any consensus as the most stable version and the whereabouts of the binary?
Many thanks,
Paul

Sara
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Avant Version: 2015 build 27lite
Default engine: N/A
IE Version: IE 10(64 bit)
Skin: Crystal

Post by Sara » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:30 am

You might find this thread helpful: http://forum.avantbrowser.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21359

Old versions, as always, are at http://avant.it-mate.co.uk/default.asp?c=Download

BTW, what was your user name?

jis
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic
Windows Version: WXPPSP3, WVHPSP2, W7U64
Avant Version: 11.7.0.46SR
IE Version: 8

Post by jis » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:32 pm

a_riot42 wrote:Is there a consensus as to which verison was the most stable?
I am using just now AB 10.2.052 SR1.
Avant user since the year 2003.

a_riot42
Avant Version:

Post by a_riot42 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:54 pm

I don't recall what my username was. I entered my email address into the retrieve passwrod form and it said it wasn't recognized, but when I tried to use it to register it said it was already in use.

Thanks for the tips I will rollback to the older version and see if that helps.
Paul

addonsfan
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Avant Version: N/A
IE Version: N/A

Post by addonsfan » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:14 am

if you were using online storage, then you probably won't get most of your bookmarks by rollingback. are you sure that you were using online storage before?