I lost access to my online account

Request help with using Avant Browser here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

wazib
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: Win 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2017 Ultimate b.7
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11.0
Skin: crystal

I lost access to my online account

Post by wazib » Sun May 21, 2017 3:26 pm

Does anybody help me restore to my online account? I would like to restore my Bookmarks and Autofill (because of lost access-change password to my account I lost them).
In Avant Browser need to add new function: copy last lists of Bookmarks and Autofill to local account ".default" in case lost access to online account

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: xp/win7 64/win8
Avant Version: latest version
Default engine: firefox/chrome/IE
IE Version: 8/9/10
Skin: aero glass/opal glas

Re: I lost access to my online account

Post by xiaobing » Mon May 22, 2017 1:53 am

I have reset your password,please check your private message.

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Post by hornakapopolis » Tue May 23, 2017 9:18 am

wazib wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 3:26 pm
In Avant Browser need to add new function: copy last lists of Bookmarks and Autofill to local account ".default" in case lost access to online account
You can log out of your online account and import everything to your local account using Menu -> Import -> User data from other account.

wazib
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Post by wazib » Tue May 23, 2017 7:55 pm

Thank you xiaobing for reset. I correctly restored my Bookmarks and Autofill and changed password.
hornakapopolis wrote:
You can log out of your online account and import everything to your local account..
You are right but after log out I lost all my Add-ons for Firefox. That why I want to copy last lists of Bookmarks and Autofill to local account ".default" without log out to online account.

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by hornakapopolis » Wed May 24, 2017 7:23 am

Keep in mind that 'back-up' doesn't have to only apply to the things that people specifically say to back-up. When you run into an issue with any piece of software where you lose data and information, make your first thought be, "Hey, I should start backing that up!"

If you're losing Add-ons in Firefox, give FEBE a try. I've been using it for years to migrate my Firefox setup onto new systems.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds like the main issue here is a mentality about back-up. This thread is essentially, "Hey, help me back-up this data because I lost it. ...Oh, but I can't do that because I lost this other data because it wasn't backed up!"

wazib
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Post by wazib » Wed May 24, 2017 7:25 pm

If you're losing Add-ons in Firefox, give FEBE a try.
I`m not lose Add-ons in Mozilla Firefox, I lose them in Avant. After login to my online account I lost in Avant Browser Add-ons for Firefox (Firefox rendering engine - Tools-Firefox-Add-ons). In Avant Browser FEBE not work (maybe I do not know how can I use it). Maybe you help me, how can I use it?

Can you explain me, what can I do, if I lost access to my online account and my old password stop working and retrieve password (I wrote my email address) not work (there was no receive email for reset)?

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by hornakapopolis » Thu May 25, 2017 9:25 am

I'm sorry, I should have said "the Firefox engine." Since this is an Avant board and you were talking about Avant, I thought that the Firefox engine would be assumed, not that I was just going to start talking about another browser.
wazib wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 7:25 pm
Can you explain me, what can I do, if I lost access to my online account and my old password stop working and retrieve password (I wrote my email address) not work (there was no receive email for reset)?
Once you lose access to something (and if xiaobing can't help on the online-server-side of things), you can't do anything. So, once you get everything back the way you want, start backing up. It sounds like you're suggesting you can't back anything up because the process of backing up one part will lose your information in another, but from your description, you've already lost both sets of information in the past, so why not take a risk with one to back up the other? It's like you're running alongside your car pressing your finger against a hole in the tire because you don't want the tire to lose air. But in the meantime, you're showing up everywhere two hours late, disgustingly sweaty, and exhausted.

Without specifics, I can't tell you what's going on with FEBE. I'm not sure issue "It doesn't work?" is describing. It doesn't appear at all? It's going through the backup process, but the you can't restore the file? No file is being created? You press the button and a foot comes out of your computer and kicks your cat?

I have the Add-ons Bar showing when using the Firefox engine. I've moved the icon to that bar where I have access to everything there. The full backup always took quite awhile, but there's a quick back up option. It's been awhile since I've backed my stuff up, but that's because I choose to select each individual extension and back it up on its own. I just did a single file extension backup and, although it had issues with three of them, it created a new single xpi file.

I'm willing to lend a hand, but I typically like to walk through each step myself when I'm posting to verify nothing has changed since the last time I tried it. Finding the time to do that right now is a bit hard, but if you don't mind waiting a few days between posts, I'll help where I can with FEBE.

Another option is to just go copy your Avant profiles folder and the gecko and webkit folders from your install folder. Then you'll have everything you need. Personally, Avant's latest Firefox engine doesn't support some of the extensions I need, so I renamed the old install's folder "(old)," installed the new version, changed its gecko folder name to "(new)", and then removed the "old" from the old one. So, the Firefox engine isn't up-to-date, but my Avant executable and Chrome engine are. Ignoring that, though, backing up those folders will take care of your Firefox add-on issue and then you can export your online profile to a local one. Then back up that local one, too. If your "backup" is the only copy of something you have access to, it's not a "backup."