FF and Chrome rendering engines don't show Add-ons toolbars

Request help with using Avant Browser here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

pkchu520
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: Windows 10
Avant Version: Ultimate 2018 built latest
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: IE11
Skin: Crystal

FF and Chrome rendering engines don't show Add-ons toolbars

Post by pkchu520 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:05 am

I'm using AB Ult. 2016 bld. 8 in Windows 7 and 64-bit environment.

When I am in IE 11 Standard rendering engine, I have RoboForm, LastPass and Google toolbars as I can pick them in the Add-ons. However when I switch to FF and Chrome rendering engines, all the toolbars disappear.

My question is how to keep the toolbars when I am not in the IE mode? Thanks.
Pablo
Avant Browser Ultimate 2018 build latest
Default rendering engine: Chrome
IE version: IE11
Windows version: Windoes 10

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Re: FF and Chrome rendering engines don't show Add-ons toolbars

Post by hornakapopolis » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:16 pm

Toolbars made for one engine will not function with the other engines, so you'll have to install them for each. Although, I don't believe any toolbars will appear under the Chrome engine. (Someone else will have to verify this. I'm not a toolbar fan.)

I don't use RoboForm or the Google Toolbar, but I know LastPass' functionality is available from the context menu using the Chrome and Firefox engine.

pkchu520
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: Windows 10
Avant Version: Ultimate 2018 built latest
IE Version: IE11
Skin: Crystal

Post by pkchu520 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:16 am

So there is no other way to have RoboForm and LastPass Toolbars show up in Chrome and Firefox engines.

Case closed?
Pablo
Avant Browser Ultimate 2018 build latest
Default rendering engine: Chrome
IE version: IE11
Windows version: Windoes 10

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Post by hornakapopolis » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:15 pm

Your original post said that when you're in IE mode, you have the toolbars, but in Chrome and Firefox, you do not. So, the first sentence in my first post was just saying that if you want RoboForm/Google/LastPass functionality in the other engines, you have install them in those engines. Having it in one engine doesn't mean you're going to have it in another.

To directly answer your question... I'm almost positive "No" for any Chrome toolbar and "I"m not sure" for Firefox toolbars.

Google Chrome's toolbars (I believe) are designed to appear in Google Chrome's UI. Since, Avant only uses the engine and uses its own UI, nothing for any engine that only appears in the original browser's UI will work in Avant.

Again, I don't uses toolbars really, but I believe at some point, IE started pushing their toolbars into the browsing interface outside of the UI. You used to be able to intermingle the RoboForm toolbar with Avant's toolbars within Avant's UI, but that changed a long time ago. I think it was due to IE's moving of the toolbars, but I could be wrong. I didn't like it, so I quit using RoboForm. I think Firefox did the same thing before IE started doing it. (Again, I don't use toolbars and all of this happened years ago.)

If a toolbar is designed to show up in the browsing window and not in the UI, then it should work in Avant (IE, Firefox, and Chrome... but again, I don't think Chrome is designed to work that way)

If the toolbar or extension you want to use also includes context menu functionality, that should show up in Avant as well. As I said in my first post, I use LastPass constantly in all engines. But, I use it from the context menu when I don't have it autofilling. I just took a peek at the Firefox engine to see if LastPass could be added to the Add-on Bar, but didn't see anything. (One more time... that doesn't mean anything, though, because if there's additional steps you have to take to use the toolbar in Firefox, I've never taken them.)

Overall, here's a good rule of thumb... if you install the extension/toolbar in the original browser and can move its toolbar or button around the browser's Address Bar or other menu buttons, that isn't going to show in Avant. (Although, in Firefox, you might be able to get the button on the Add-on Bar.) If you can adequately use the extension in the context menu, it should work in Avant just fine.

Arandora
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic
Windows Version: Win 8.1 64 PC/Win 8. 64 laptop
Avant Version: Both AB Lite 2016 v2
Default engine: IE11 Standards
IE Version: IE 11 on PC and laptop
Skin: Aluminium

Post by Arandora » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:12 pm

RoboForm toolbar is not added in Chrome but if you install the Add-On the RF icon appears on the menu bar. Click on it and all the RF menu items appear vertically below.
Laptop Windows 8.2 64 bit, IE11; PC Win 8.1, IE11. Both AB Lite 2016 b 2 IE Favorites, IE11 Standards rendering engine.