Installing an adblocker

Request help with using Avant Browser here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

phoenix1
Windows Version: Windows 7 64
Avant Version: Ultimate 2016 build 12
Default engine: chrome
IE Version: 10
Skin: Windows traditional

Installing an adblocker

Post by phoenix1 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:22 pm

After new installation of avant browser I want to install a adblocker for chrome, like adblock or ublock. Let's go to the https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/adblock?hl=de and clck the button to add this extension.
Every time I try this, there is a purple screen and following I see, that there is no installation of the extension.

What is the solution of the problem?
Thank you for your support.

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Re: Installing an adblocker

Post by hornakapopolis » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:16 pm

Here's the major problem with Avant these days. The wide variety of issues people are experiencing aren't universal (which makes me wonder how much could be blamed on either a horrible base upon which Avant was built or just how bad the coding is overall causing so many tiny conflicts with different parts of different systems leading to crashes).

I used to have one of the AdBlocks installed and now have uBlock Origin installed on multiple systems and have never had the issue you're experiencing. That includes a new system just purchased and set up from scratch with thee latest build.

So, your best bet is to find your profile folder (The path can be located at Options -> Profile), rename it or copy it somewhere so that you can go back to it if necessary, and start again from scratch... just like a new install. For the **** of it, I'd even re-install just to make sure the bits are all pretty and new. And then, before making any other changes, I'd install the blocker you want. If you run into the issue after all of that (which reads a lot harder and longer than it actually is), I don't think anyone would have any other suggestions that are going to do anything. It's either going to fall into that increasingly rare instance where the developer, whoever it is these days, can replicate and it gets fixed in a future release or you're just not going to be able to install extensions in the Chrome engine.