Flash Player not working

Request help with using Avant Browser here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

zash
Windows Version: 64bit Windows 7 Home
Avant Version: Ultimate build 110
Default engine: Chrome 28.0.1500.71
IE Version: 10.0.9200.16635
Skin: Aero Glass

Flash Player not working

Post by zash » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:03 pm

I updated my browser to the latest ultimate version build 110, and since then youtube et all isnt working.
I get a bar at the top saying that some plugins need to be installed.
the youtube page itself says that i need to update my flash player and the download link is there:

"You need to upgrade your Adobe Flash Player to watch this video.
Download it from Adobe."

Ive tried updating flash, java and everything i could think of... still no progress. Also tried uninstalling AB and then reinstalling.
Restarted computer too.

Im using the chrome rendering btw.

Why would this happen as soon as i instal the new version ?

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

Re: Flash Player not working

Post by mbrazil » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:57 pm

You can find out exactly what version of the Flash plugin is installed for Chrome, and other related information, by entering chrome://plugins/ in the Address Bar. Click the + sign for Details near the top-right corner of the page, and then scroll down until you find Adobe Flash Player.

To resolve your problem, you might try uninstalling and reinstalling Flash. If that doesn't help, try renaming the \webkit\default folder. It's at [*]\Avant Profiles\[**]\webkit\default, where:

* is the path to your Avant program folder (unless you moved it using Tools > Avant Browser Options > Profile), and

** is either .default, if you don't use Avant Online Storage, or a folder named for the email address you used when you created your Avant Online Storage account.

You can rename the .default folder to .default.bkp, for example, or anything you want to name it. Then start Avant, and the Chrome engine will create a new .default folder containing only default settings. Then you should be able to install the Flash plugin from scratch.

As a last resort, back up your Avant Profiles folder to an external drive, and use the Revo Uninstaller in Advanced mode to uninstall Avant. Then reinstall it, and install the current version of Flash again. If that fixes it, shut Avant down, copy your Avant Profiles backup over the new one, restart Avant, and see if the problem returns. If not, you're good to go, but if it does, your profile is damaged.

BTW, you mentioned updating Java. If you meant Javascript, that's fine, but for security reasons, it's best to keep Java disabled except when you really need it for a specific website.