Why does Avant update itself when not told to?

Request help with using Avant Browser here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Brainetree
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Windows Version: XP
Avant Version: 11.7 build 23
IE Version: ie7

Why does Avant update itself when not told to?

Post by Brainetree » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:26 am

I always have Avant's auto updating turned off, but then months later I'll open it up and Avant has been updated, all my configurations are gone. It's frustrating because that means a couple hours of work to get Avant back the way I want it. At first I was relieved to see that all my Autofills were still in tact, but a couple hours later I see that over half of them are gone.

Just venting a bit, thank you for listening.

I think that Avant has the best and most workable auto fill system. I can't count in Firefox's auto fill to always work, not by a long shot. Sometimes it works beautifully, then flips out - it isn't consistently dependable. If Avant would just never update itself unless I manually do it.

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

Re: Why does Avant update itself when not told to?

Post by mbrazil » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:36 am

Do you have both 'Notify me when there is a new version available' and 'Automatically install hotfixes' unchecked in Tools > Avant Browser Options > Miscellaneous?

Also, if you're using Online Storage, you should have backups of your Bookmarks, AutoFills, and Configuration that you can restore from Tools > Backup / Restore Profiles. Even if you don't use Online Storage, you can use Backup / Restore Profiles to make backups manually.

http://forum.avantbrowser.com/viewtopic ... 13&t=32497

Brainetree
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Windows Version: XP
Avant Version: 11.7 build 23
IE Version: ie7

Re: Why does Avant update itself when not told to?

Post by Brainetree » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:00 am

Oh thank you so much, Mr Brazil ! I just got all my Autofills back thanks to you! THANK YOU AGAIN!