no compact mode

Request help with using Avant Browser here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

mark79
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Windows Version: XP
Avant Version: Avant Ultimate 2014 build 1
Default engine: Avant Browser
IE Version: 8
Skin: OSX

no compact mode

Post by mark79 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:11 am

I just installed Avant Browser Ultimate but I can't find from where I can remove the "compact mode" and use the classic view (with the File Menu):thumbdown:

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

Re: no compact mode

Post by mbrazil » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:30 am

You didn't say which build you're using, and your profile is incomplete, so we can't tell. I'll assume you're using and talking about Avant 2013 build 110.

Click the Avant icon in the upper left corner of the window, put your cursor over View in the right half of the menu, then move it to the right over Skins. The classic skins are the ones below the line in the middle of the Skins menu. Once you're using one of the classic skins, you can click View in the menu and then click Compact Style to toggle it off.

You'll going to find that there are a lot changes in the current build and that a lot of things you're used to are no longer there. If you want to get back to something that's more like the Avant you're used to, download and install build 23 instead of build 110.

Build 23 is at Avant 2013 Build 23.

Also, please read this post: http://forum.avantbrowser.com/viewtopic ... 21&t=32497.

mark79
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan

Post by mark79 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:56 am

Thanks mbrazil, as usual you are very helpfull. :thumbup:

I use the classic interface since years and every time I update it I see it in the classic mode but yesterday I did a fresh install in a another computer and I could no longer find the way to have the "menu" back.

I strongly suggest you should introduce a "Compact Style On and Off" in the drop down menu (avant icon) :clap:

Thanks again

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

Post by mbrazil » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:40 pm

Thanks for updating your profile. :thumbup:

Regarding Compact Style, I think the default right after install should be for Compact Style to be off, and the same thing goes for Avant opening full-screen. Having it start up the first time in a window in standard (not compact) mode would be much more user friendly.

mark79
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan

Post by mark79 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:47 am

mbrazil wrote:
Regarding Compact Style, I think the default right after install should be for Compact Style to be off, and the same thing goes for Avant opening full-screen. Having it start up the first time in a window in standard (not compact) mode would be much more user friendly.
I strongly agree!!! :thumbup: