Avant Browser Has Stopped Working

Request help with using Avant Browser here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

fnglover13
Windows Version: Vista Home Premium
Avant Version: 13-107
Default engine: IE
IE Version: IE9
Skin: do not know

Avant Browser Has Stopped Working

Post by fnglover13 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:01 am

Hello, this is the message I get each time I try to open AB (2013-107) on my laptop under Vista. It started about 2 weeks ago when I lost all my auto fill-in info and some of my favorites. Then I lost all my favorites. Finally Avant Browser did not open at all with an error message: "Avant Browser Has Stpped Working. Please Close The Program". I was unable to access this forum for a few days, so help was not available. I did uninstall Avant Browser totally, reboot, then install it again, still getting the same result. I used Revo Uninstaller to remove all traces, reboot, and installed 2013 build 23. But Avant Browser still refuses to open. I am starting to feel desesperate! Help? Thank you!

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Re: Avant Browser Has Stopped Working

Post by Jasmine » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:33 am

Have you tried removing your avant profiles folder before reinstalling avant browser and restarting it?
Go to Windows start>run, copy and paste %appdata% into the run box and press [enter]. Rename the Avant Profiles folder to Avant Profiles_backup in case you want to restore it later. Reinstall avant browser and start it. Remember to disable your firewall temporarily in case it blocks any process of avant browser.
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

fnglover13

Post by fnglover13 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:36 pm

thank you. I will try this.

fnglover13

Post by fnglover13 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:04 pm

ok, so here it is... %appdata% did not give any files related to Avant Browser... in fact, there was nothing anymore on my HD related to AB... firewall has been shut down then I tried again to reinstall version 2013-23. Avant Browser still refuses to open.
:(

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

Post by mbrazil » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:50 pm

Try searching your hard drives for Avant Profiles, which is the name of the folder your profile would be in. If you find it, delete the entire Avant Profiles folder. If you find more than one Avant Profiles folder, delete all of them. Also delete the copy of the Avant installer that you already have on your system in case your current copy is damaged. Then use Revo again to uninstall Avant. Be sure you select the Advanced mode in Revo and that you delete all of the registry keys, files, and folders it finds. Reboot, download the Avant installer again, and reinstall.

fnglover13

Post by fnglover13 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:42 pm

thank you. a search on hard drives did not give any result. I used again Revo advanced mode to uninstall the version (2013-23) of AB on my computer. I assume then that all related files have been erased. I am going now to reboot and to download (again) 2013-23.

fnglover13

Post by fnglover13 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:39 pm

well, something is still wrong. I did everything in order, and I still get the message "Avant Browser has stopped working" as soon as I try to open it. I wish I could keep using AB (did not find another browser that pleases me), but this situation seems without solution. everything else is working fine on my laptop. any other idea???
#-o

fnglover13

Post by fnglover13 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:39 am

I just tried to download the latest version (2013-108) but AB still refuses to open. I do not understand where the problem is. I hate this, but I think I have to find another browser. I loved AB, but it does not love me back!

pkchu520
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: Windows 10
Avant Version: Ultimate 2018 built latest
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: IE11
Skin: Crystal

Post by pkchu520 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:59 am

I am using the latest AB version 7. I am having similar problem always with these websites.

http://www.am1430.net/%E7%B6%B2%E4%B8%8 ... 2%AD-live/

http://programme.rthk.hk/channel/radio/ ... &m=episode

When I click on the drop down bar, the error message appears.
Pablo
Avant Browser Ultimate 2018 build latest
Default rendering engine: Chrome
IE version: IE11
Windows version: Windoes 10