Firefox Add-Ons

Request help with using Avant Browser here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Tinman57
Avantic
Avantic
Windows Version: Linux Ubuntu 13.10
Avant Version: Linux Firefox
Default engine: Linux Firefox
IE Version: N/A
Skin: N/A

Firefox Add-Ons

Post by Tinman57 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:21 am

If you don't have Firefox installed but are using Avant Ultimate, how do you get add-ons to work? Do I have to install Firefox standalone in order to use add-ons?
((((TINMAN))))
----------------------------------------------------------
(Duck! It's another MicroSoft Patch!)

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: xp/win7 64/win8
Avant Version: latest version
Default engine: firefox/chrome/IE
IE Version: 8/9/10
Skin: aero glass/opal glas

Re: Firefox Add-Ons

Post by xiaobing » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:49 am

Just enable the add-on in Tools>mozilla firefox>Add-ons>extensions. Not all the extensions/add-ons are supported, especially the ones with buttons, but Anderson will solve this problem in 2013 version.

DoubleDoom
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Windows Version: Win 7 x64
Avant Version: 11.7 46
IE Version: 8

Post by DoubleDoom » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:43 pm

And be wary if you use the sign in option of Avant. If you use the "switch account" feature, all your firefox options and addons (for avant) are deleted and you have to start again.

Tinman57
Avantic
Avantic

Post by Tinman57 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:49 pm

xiaobing wrote:Just enable the add-on in Tools>mozilla firefox>Add-ons>extensions. Not all the extensions/add-ons are supported, especially the ones with buttons, but Anderson will solve this problem in 2013 version.
Well that's the big problem, since I don't have Firefox (actual) installed, the add-ons don't recognize Firefox being on my computer. I usually get a message like "Firefox is not installed on this computer".
((((TINMAN))))

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Post by Jasmine » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:10 am

Tinman57 wrote:
xiaobing wrote:Just enable the add-on in Tools>mozilla firefox>Add-ons>extensions. Not all the extensions/add-ons are supported, especially the ones with buttons, but Anderson will solve this problem in 2013 version.
Well that's the big problem, since I don't have Firefox (actual) installed, the add-ons don't recognize Firefox being on my computer. I usually get a message like "Firefox is not installed on this computer".
Where do you get this information? Do you install firefox addons via tools>mozilla firefox>add-ons>get add-ons?
Generally speaking, the addons installed in firefox itself has nothing to do with the firefox mode of avant browser. An addon installed in firefox browser isn't installed in firefox mode of avant browser.
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Post by Jasmine » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:29 am

DoubleDoom wrote:And be wary if you use the sign in option of Avant. If you use the "switch account" feature, all your firefox options and addons (for avant) are deleted and you have to start again.
The fact is that the addon installed in local profiles can still be used after logging into online storage.
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

Tinman57
Avantic
Avantic

Post by Tinman57 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:24 am

Jasmine wrote:
Tinman57 wrote:
Where do you get this information? Do you install firefox addons via tools>mozilla firefox>add-ons>get add-ons?
Generally speaking, the addons installed in firefox itself has nothing to do with the firefox mode of avant browser. An addon installed in firefox browser isn't installed in firefox mode of avant browser.
All the add-ons I've tried are either installed from a web-site or a downloaded .exe installer. I'll try it again with the new build...
((((TINMAN))))