Can Avant block Yahoo Email Ads?

Request help with using Avant Browser here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Brainetree
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Windows Version: XP
Avant Version: 11.7 build 23
IE Version: ie7

Can Avant block Yahoo Email Ads?

Post by Brainetree » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:21 pm

I have Ad Blocker installed, but Avant does not block out the distracting animated ads in my Yahoo email account, whereas Google Chrome eliminates the Yahoo ads completely. Is there an additional add-on for Avant that could delete the Yahoo ads? (I use Avant far more than Chrome and would prefer to use Avant for Yahoo. Sometimes the ads become so annoying that I close Avant and switch to Chrome.)

Thank you any help!

Brainetree
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan

Re: Can Avant block Yahoo Email Ads?

Post by Brainetree » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:11 pm

I think I found the answer to my question: The add on in Chrome that is blocking the web mail ads is "Web Mail Blocker" - it works with Chrome and Firefox only. So uninstalled the IE version of Avant and installed the Ultimate version, and was then able to install Web Mail Blocker. So far it is working, relief, relief. I don't mind ads, and I actually appreciate them sometimes, but it's the animated ones that are annoying and prevent me from even concentrating on an email.

Tinman57
Avantic
Avantic
Windows Version: Linux Ubuntu 13.10
Avant Version: Linux Firefox
Default engine: Linux Firefox
IE Version: N/A
Skin: N/A

Post by Tinman57 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:28 am

Brainetree wrote:I think I found the answer to my question: The add on in Chrome that is blocking the web mail ads is "Web Mail Blocker" - it works with Chrome and Firefox only. So uninstalled the IE version of Avant and installed the Ultimate version, and was then able to install Web Mail Blocker. So far it is working, relief, relief. I don't mind ads, and I actually appreciate them sometimes, but it's the animated ones that are annoying and prevent me from even concentrating on an email.
Did you check the Tools>Disable Flash Animations?
((((TINMAN))))
----------------------------------------------------------
(Duck! It's another MicroSoft Patch!)

AbelAbel
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: win7
Avant Version: 2012 beta 8
IE Version: ie9

Post by AbelAbel » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:03 am

Brainetree wrote:I think I found the answer to my question: The add on in Chrome that is blocking the web mail ads is "Web Mail Blocker" - it works with Chrome and Firefox only. So uninstalled the IE version of Avant and installed the Ultimate version, and was then able to install Web Mail Blocker. So far it is working, relief, relief. I don't mind ads, and I actually appreciate them sometimes, but it's the animated ones that are annoying and prevent me from even concentrating on an email.
:clap: . This information is useful.

Brainetree
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan

Post by Brainetree » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:10 pm

Tinman57 wrote:Did you check the Tools>Disable Flash Animations?
Thank you, Tinmann57, yes, I've use that option, and it is helpful, but then it has to be changed back for regular web surfing. The Web Mail Blocker add-on is working like a charm. I just wonder how long till they figure out a way to override it.