Help me add a background image to browser:home

Request help with using Avant Browser here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Kor1134
Windows Version: Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64
Avant Version: Ultimate 2013 b.110
Default engine: FireFox
IE Version: 9.0.8112.16502
Skin: Aero Glass

Help me add a background image to browser:home

Post by Kor1134 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:42 pm

Since Google removed the custom background feature from their search page, browser:home is now my homepage, but I still miss my custom background...so I proceeded to investigate. I found the source of browser:home (%PROGRAMFILES%\AvantBrowser\res"), examined xhtml/jscript source in "home.tpl", more than I can handle atm. If someone could help me add a few lines so I can change the WHITE background to a graphic of my choice, I'd really appreciate it.

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Re: Help me add a background image to browser:home

Post by Jasmine » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:31 am

Theoretically, it can be re-edited, and as a consequence, reloading the browser:home can make the modification take effect. However, it's not originally designed for user to redesign it, so you may not be able to achieve your goal by modifying the file or it's complicated to make it.
Adding a style does change the background color, just it looks strange. If adding an image, you may have to do more work on the style.
<body onclick="hidePopups();" style="background-color:#000000;">
I suppose you have to split an image to many small parts and put different parts in different divs for making it appear like a complete image in your interface.

In addition, after upgrading, it may be replaced by the default one.
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com