Hanging pages

Request help with using Avant Browser here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

arcman
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Windows Version: xp
Avant Version: 11.7
IE Version: 6

Hanging pages

Post by arcman » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:33 pm

Why do so many pages hang while loading?

Virtually every time I use Avant, or just IE8 for that matter, I eventually get a page to hang. Sometimes it takes a five or ten seconds, sometimes easily a minute before the page resumes loading. I usually give up and restart Avant after ten seconds or so, knowing it won't fix itself. 99% of the time, I restart the browser and the page loads fine. This happens on a daily basis, with every version of Avant I install.

To be honest, I haven't tried disabling any of the options under the tools dropdown. If this could be the culprit, any recommendations as to which one to start with?

Thanks.

Lee

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

Re: Hanging pages

Post by mbrazil » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:20 pm

arcman wrote:Why do so many pages hang while loading?

Virtually every time I use Avant, or just IE8 for that matter, I eventually get a page to hang. Sometimes it takes a five or ten seconds, sometimes easily a minute before the page resumes loading. I usually give up and restart Avant after ten seconds or so, knowing it won't fix itself. 99% of the time, I restart the browser and the page loads fine. This happens on a daily basis, with every version of Avant I install.

To be honest, I haven't tried disabling any of the options under the tools dropdown. If this could be the culprit, any recommendations as to which one to start with?

Thanks.

Lee
Does the page load properly if you refresh it while it's hung?

AbelAbel
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: win7
Avant Version: 2012 beta 8
IE Version: ie9

Post by AbelAbel » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:01 am

Do you have the same problem using IE8 browser?

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Post by Jasmine » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:13 am

And how about reopening it in a new tab before restarting avant?
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

alanuk
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Avant Version: Ultimate 2017 build 06
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: IE11
Skin: Aluminium

Post by alanuk » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:18 pm

I too regularly get this problem particularly with the IE9 engine. Sometimes opening a new page resolves the problem but not always. Refreshing the page doesn't make any difference. When I have had the patience, I have waited 2 minutes for a page to load. There does not appear to be any pattern either although eBay's site is the one where hanging pages occur most often. Hope somebody has the answer because it is quite annoying.

Tinman57
Avantic
Avantic
Windows Version: Linux Ubuntu 13.10
Avant Version: Linux Firefox
Default engine: Linux Firefox
IE Version: N/A
Skin: N/A

Post by Tinman57 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:41 am

alanuk wrote:I too regularly get this problem particularly with the IE9 engine. Sometimes opening a new page resolves the problem but not always. Refreshing the page doesn't make any difference. When I have had the patience, I have waited 2 minutes for a page to load. There does not appear to be any pattern either although eBay's site is the one where hanging pages occur most often. Hope somebody has the answer because it is quite annoying.
I have this problem with the IE8 engine too. Normally when I click on a url and a tab opens, if it don't start downloading the data within 5 seconds, I hit Refresh and that normally does the trick. Also there are some add-ons/plug-ins that will slow down Avant. You can try disabling them one at a time and see if that makes a difference.
((((TINMAN))))
----------------------------------------------------------
(Duck! It's another MicroSoft Patch!)

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Post by AXEMAN » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:14 am

I also find myself refreshing alot i just did it to make this post seems very slow as of late . :twisted: