Youtube (and other vids) error started in last 2 weeks.

Request help with using Avant Browser here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

irish44j
Windows Version: Windows 7
Avant Version: newest build
IE Version: N/A

Youtube (and other vids) error started in last 2 weeks.

Post by irish44j » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:08 pm

In the last 2 or 3 weeks I've had a lot of trouble using Youtube and Photobucket uploader on Avant. It works fine if I switch over to Google Chrome. YouTube comes up fine, but when I go to play a video it says "An error occurred. Please try again later." It even does this for my own videos that I've uploaded! Again, works fine on Chrome. Also I can't use the uploader on Photobucket (which works fine on Chrome also).

I have the latest version of Flash. I have cleared cookies, cache, etc. Current Avant rendering is Google Chrome.

Any suggestions? I like Avant best, but if this keeps up I'm going to have to switch browsers. :thumbdown:

irish44j
Windows Version: Windows 7
Avant Version: newest build

Re: Youtube (and other vids) error started in last 2 weeks.

Post by irish44j » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:12 pm

interesingly, everything is working fine now since cleared the cache and restarted Avant. hmm.

mathman
Avantic
Avantic
Windows Version: 10 (64 bit)
Avant Version: 2016 utimate latest
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: IE11
Skin: Crystal (may vary)

Post by mathman » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:46 am

irish44j wrote:In the last 2 or 3 weeks I've had a lot of trouble using Youtube and Photobucket uploader on Avant. It works fine if I switch over to Google Chrome. YouTube comes up fine, but when I go to play a video it says "An error occurred. Please try again later." It even does this for my own videos that I've uploaded! Again, works fine on Chrome. Also I can't use the uploader on Photobucket (which works fine on Chrome also).

I have the latest version of Flash. I have cleared cookies, cache, etc. Current Avant rendering is Google Chrome.

Any suggestions? I like Avant best, but if this keeps up I'm going to have to switch browsers. :thumbdown:
I believe it depends on the rendering engine and operating system. My experience is the following combination won't work, Windows 7 + Firefox (or Avant with Firefox rendering) + Flash 11.3.

My personal solution has been to replace flash 11.3 by flash 10.3, which I have to do every day. Adobe keeps updating to 11.3 overnight.

My experiments include Windows 7 with Chrome, Windows 7 with Avant - IE rendering, and Windows XP with Firefox, all with Flash 11.3. All these combinations worked properly.

i

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Post by AXEMAN » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:48 am

Hello bro i agree mathman :)

mathman
Avantic
Avantic

Post by mathman » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:16 am

Adobe has just updated Flash 11.3 (271). They still haven' t fixed the problem with streaming video capture! I went back to 10.3.

AbelAbel
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: win7
Avant Version: 2012 beta 8
IE Version: ie9

Post by AbelAbel » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:02 am

I got the same error when I enable web download & recording feature of real player. Do you have real player installed in your computer?

mathman
Avantic
Avantic

Post by mathman » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:18 am

AbelAbel wrote:I got the same error when I enable web download & recording feature of real player. Do you have real player installed in your computer?
I have been using Realplayer download to capture streaming videos for a long time. The problem is with Adobe flash 11.3. When I replace it with Adobe Flash 10.3, Realplayer download works fine.

mathman
Avantic
Avantic

Post by mathman » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:22 pm

Partial good news. Realplayer just got updated. This version of Realplayer and Adobe Flash 11.3 work OK in Firefox. However, in Avant with Firefox rendering the problem still remains.

Further tests - latest updates work in IE9 but not in Chrome.

mathman
Avantic
Avantic

Post by mathman » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Still more tests of latest Adobe flash 11.3 and Realplayer download combination using Avant rendering engines.
IE9 rendering - failed.
Firefox rendering - failed.
Chrome rendering - Realplayer message does not appear, however right click on streaming video produces menu with Realplayer download option (does not appear in other renderings).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary: IE9 and Firefox work standalone, Chrome does not.

Within Avant, opposite results!

Tinman57
Avantic
Avantic
Windows Version: Linux Ubuntu 13.10
Avant Version: Linux Firefox
Default engine: Linux Firefox
Skin: N/A

Post by Tinman57 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:26 pm

mathman wrote: My personal solution has been to replace flash 11.3 by flash 10.3, which I have to do every day. Adobe keeps updating to 11.3 overnight.
Hey Mathman, it seems that I asked you a while back, but why don't you turn off automatic updates for Adobe FlashPlayer?
((((TINMAN))))
----------------------------------------------------------
(Duck! It's another MicroSoft Patch!)

mathman
Avantic
Avantic

Post by mathman » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:54 pm

Tinman57 wrote:
mathman wrote: My personal solution has been to replace flash 11.3 by flash 10.3, which I have to do every day. Adobe keeps updating to 11.3 overnight.
Hey Mathman, it seems that I asked you a while back, but why don't you turn off automatic updates for Adobe FlashPlayer?
I did take your advice and I have turned off automatic updates. However whenever there is an update I give it a try to see if the problem with downloading streaming videos has been fixed, at least for Firefox. After the latest release of Realplayer came out, I tried again and got the results summarized below.

Stand alone: IE9 and Firefox OK, Chrome not.
Avant with various rendering: IE9 and Firefox bad, Chrome OK (with note).

Personally, as long as Firefox works, I'll keep things as they are now. If I run into problems again, I can always go back to Flash 10.3.

Tinman57
Avantic
Avantic
Windows Version: Linux Ubuntu 13.10
Avant Version: Linux Firefox
Default engine: Linux Firefox
Skin: N/A

Post by Tinman57 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:29 am

mathman wrote:
Tinman57 wrote:
I did take your advice and I have turned off automatic updates. However whenever there is an update I give it a try to see if the problem with downloading streaming videos has been fixed, at least for Firefox. After the latest release of Realplayer came out, I tried again and got the results summarized below.

Stand alone: IE9 and Firefox OK, Chrome not.
Avant with various rendering: IE9 and Firefox bad, Chrome OK (with note).

Personally, as long as Firefox works, I'll keep things as they are now. If I run into problems again, I can always go back to Flash 10.3.
Yep, beats the heck out of having to change it back to the older version every day.... 8)
((((TINMAN))))
----------------------------------------------------------
(Duck! It's another MicroSoft Patch!)