Font Size

Request help with using Avant Browser here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

BapaBoo
Windows Version: windows 7
Avant Version: Ultimate 2012 v 21
IE Version: N/A

Font Size

Post by BapaBoo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:32 pm

Is there a way to permanently increase the font size of the homepage and tab windows?

BapaBoo

brawnymike
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: 7 (32 bit)
Avant Version: Ult 2013 bld 23
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 10
Skin: Aero Glass

Re: Font Size

Post by brawnymike » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:45 pm

Will increasing the zoom serve the purpose?

Tools --> Avant Browser Options --> New Tab --> Always create new tab with zoom size: -- use slider to set zoom

AbelAbel
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: win7
Avant Version: 2012 beta 8
IE Version: ie9

Post by AbelAbel » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:49 am

I remembered there was a Font size option under View menu in the earlier versions.
Now the only option in Avant to enlarge front size is the zoom size.

Nomad247
Windows Version: Winodws 10
Avant Version: Version 2016 build
Default engine: chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Aluminum

Post by Nomad247 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:34 pm

Wish this was still there, cant read the font very well at all, and zooming makes the entire page too big, just want to increase some of the font sizes, and why are they at 9 in the first place? A standard font should be either 10 or 12. i want to increase the size in input boxes like this one, or on facebook, just way to small, and we older people already have a hard time with small print. I am a 12 year user of Avant, and will never stop using this browser, is my number one!

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
Skin: Stickers

Post by hornakapopolis » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:24 pm

Since the thread is talking about permanent options, you can check out these things under Menu -> Rendering Engines and then the respective engine's options

I don't think it can be done natively (or, at least, easily) in the IE engine. You can change fonts at Internet Options (General tab) -> Fonts, but there's no option there for size. You can have it follow your own CSS stylesheet using the Accessibility button right next to Fonts, but I don't know CSS> I know it's been brought here before, though, if you want to do a search or try Google.

In the Firefox engine, you can change the default font size at Content -> Fonts & Colors

And in Chrome you can change it at Show Advanced Settings... -> Web Content -> Font Size. I know there are some advanced options that don't stay once Avant is closed, so make sure this isn't one of them before getting too excited.

For simplicity's sake, I wish there was a quick toolbar option somewhere, but I'm guessing (and I think it might have been said a long time ago) the multiple engines makes that difficult, if not impossible.

dobasbobas
Windows Version: Windows 10x64
Avant Version: ultimate latest version
Default engine: Chrome
Skin: Office XP

Post by dobasbobas » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:37 pm

for Chrome Show Advanced Settings... -> Web Content -> Customize Fonts-> There select Minimum Font Size and all be fine ;)
I set it to 14 and i don't need glasses anymore :)