How to store typed URLs

Request help with using Avant Browser here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

MRyder
Windows Version: Windows Vista
Avant Version: Newest
IE Version: Internet Explorer 9

How to store typed URLs

Post by MRyder » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:11 pm

Whenever I type a URL into the address bar, in never seems to store the URL in the drop down menu. It did used to store it but from about 2 weeks ago it has stored it.

Does any one know a solution to the problem?

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Re: How to store typed URLs

Post by AXEMAN » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:15 pm

try useing side bar :)

Julien90
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: win7 32 bit/IE9 xp pro
Avant Version: 2012 beta 8
IE Version: ie9

Post by Julien90 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:14 am

Backup your bookmarks & autofills and then uninstall Avant completely ,then reinstall it.

huhwhat
Windows Version: Vista 64
Avant Version: Ultimate 2012 b21
IE Version: na

Post by huhwhat » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:21 am

I'm having the same problem. I've changed all the settings to stop removing them and reinstalled Avant. Now there is only one address listed there, no matter if I type the address and hit enter or hit the go button.. the addresses aren't being retained. I'm not really interested in using the side bar.. It used to save them no problem, any additional tips?

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Post by Jasmine » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:42 am

huhwhat wrote:Now there is only one address listed there, no matter if I type the address and hit enter or hit the go button.. the addresses aren't being retained. I'm not really interested in using the side bar.. It used to save them no problem, any additional tips?
The version of your current avant browser?

Do you know the address bar drop downlist only shows the url typed into the address bar? If you only typed address A, the address B opening from A won't list in the drop download list. The address opening from bookmarks or autofill won't list into it as well.
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Post by AXEMAN » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:16 am

BOOK MARK THIS PAGE

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Post by Jasmine » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:16 am

huhwhat wrote:I'm having the same problem. I've changed all the settings to stop removing them and reinstalled Avant. Now there is only one address listed there, no matter if I type the address and hit enter or hit the go button.. the addresses aren't being retained. I'm not really interested in using the side bar.. It used to save them no problem, any additional tips?
Make sure typed web address isn't checked under tools->avant browser options->exiting->always erase the following items when exiting
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com