Dumped Avant 2011 build 33

Request help with using Avant Browser here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

butterballs
Windows Version: XP
Avant Version: 11.7 b22
IE Version: 8

Dumped Avant 2011 build 33

Post by butterballs » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:04 am

Avant 2011 build 33 kept giving me errors about ybrowser.exe - that it was corrupt, and that I should run chkdsk.
Insted, I uninstalled AB, and am now happy. What a piece of crap 2011 was. Every new version of AB has some stupid, annoying problem, it just gets worse and worse.
Oh well, I'm much happier using Chrome. AB sucks.

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Re: Dumped Avant 2011 build 33

Post by AXEMAN » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:24 pm

Hello butterballs i to am useing chrome but i also have avant and IE there are shorts on my desktop for all 3 of them so i can use all of them and i check out each version of avant.I agree with each new build say the last version had 5 problems they get fixed but then there are 5 new problems.But understand that we are the testers. Thats why i have IE AVANT AND CHROME all at the same time it is very easy to use what ever one you want to use you just make it your default same to change again.I had a heart attack so if it is to stress is bad i switch.Also you have to try new things often i have on avant found ways of short cuts that i made that do work for me.But you would have to do your own tests because everyone has different operating systems different problems. :)

Browserfan_123
Windows Version: xp
Avant Version: 2012
IE Version: ie9

Post by Browserfan_123 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:07 am

Your can re-download it from Avant website and reinstall it.
Or use 2012 versions, personally,I think the 2012 version are much better than 2011 versions, especially the firefox engine.

bksening
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: XP SP3
Avant Version: 2010 build1
IE Version: 8.0

Post by bksening » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:59 pm

AXEMAN wrote:I agree with each new build say the last version had 5 problems they get fixed but then there are 5 new problems. But understand that we are the testers.
That is absolutely wrong. I don't know if you mean for AB 2011 b33 as in this post title, but what about all the problems with AB 2012 b8, which is listed as the current Stable version from the download page?

Understand that anyone using the latest Stable version are not testers but regular users and we hope to have a decent and working version to use if it is officially released as Stable.

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite

Post by AXEMAN » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:59 pm

oh how do you get problems you test each version that comes out thats why you report bugs smart guy

Julien90
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: win7 32 bit/IE9 xp pro
Avant Version: 2012 beta 8

Post by Julien90 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:40 am

It's impossible to make a version of an application without one bug, but it's necessary to make it as stable as possible. :wink:

bksening
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: XP SP3
Avant Version: 2010 build1
IE Version: 8.0

Post by bksening » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:08 am

AXEMAN wrote:oh how do you get problems you test each version that comes out thats why you report bugs smart guy
That's exactly where you are wrong! I am NOT testing each (stable) version. I would just like to USE each (stable) version. And responding to Julien90, I know it is impossible to have a bug-free program.

But in just regular use, normal users are find an intolerably frustrating amount of problems. I may report such bugs and difficulties that I run into during use, but my mindset for Stable releases is certainly not to test, nor check, nor analyze, nor verify for correctness, but expect a stable and relatively bug-free-enough browser to consistently use.

And there will be many more unvoiced people like the original poster who are not testing, and have to dump Avant because all the frustrating bugs are too hindering to use as a stable regular browser.

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite

Post by AXEMAN » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:18 pm

i am refering to the latest version was just trying to get that guy to stay . Avant Browser 2012 build 8 has been released. This is mostly just a bug fix release. As usual report any problems you find and please check the announcement forum for the full changelog. Enjoy!

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite

Post by AXEMAN » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:34 pm

ok testing i guess is the wrong word we just report any bugs we come accross .Also thats what i do i test things before they are released to the public so i am used to that word .Example i test firefox or chrome witch ever you want to call it and this is before it is released to the public . :)

pme
Windows Version: Windows 7
Avant Version: 2012 Build Latest
IE Version: IE 9

Post by pme » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:07 pm

I'm afraid after many years of using AB, I to am getting a little fed up with frequent crashes, Roboform missing, Google toolbar missing, reseting all my preferences on what seems like a daily basis.... I spend more time dealing with issues than actually using it.......very poor.
Very disappointed, I no longer recommed AB to people, and like others drifting away to chrome, firefox etc, less vesatile but at least the work and keep your settings.
One more issue is the online backup/sync thing what is it supposed to do and how are you supposed to use it?

pme
Windows Version: Windows 7
Avant Version: 2012 Build Latest
IE Version: IE 9

Post by pme » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:08 pm

AXEMAN wrote:ok testing i guess is the wrong word we just report any bugs we come accross .Also thats what i do i test things before they are released to the public so i am used to that word .Example i test firefox or chrome witch ever you want to call it and this is before it is released to the public . :)
I'm sorry Axeman, but that camera is very annoying...

Browserfan_123
Windows Version: xp
Avant Version: 2012

Post by Browserfan_123 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:27 am

2011 versions crashed every often to me, but since I updated my Avant to 2012 versions and IE to IE9, all crashes are far from me. I'm glad my favorite browser is back. :D

AbelAbel
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: win7

Post by AbelAbel » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:59 am

Avant Browser 2012 worth a try!!! roboform or google toolbar both show in this the latest version.

Merel
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: Windows XP Pro
Avant Version: N/A
Default engine: N/A
IE Version: IE8
Skin: N/A

Post by Merel » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:28 am

AbelAbel wrote:Avant Browser 2012 worth a try!!! roboform or google toolbar both show in this the latest version.
Is it possible to move RF toolbar again, like before ?

Or does RF toolbar still takes one full line screen space, only for itself ?

My question is only to know if I should "test" again the latest version.
I don't update/upgrade anymore to any new version.
My standard browser is of course not AB anymore, for so many reasons as already described here.
Altough I'm mssing some handy features, I'm fedup with AB.

Merel
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Roboform toolbar still wasting screen space

Post by Merel » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:20 pm

Toolbar Roboform still can't be moved and takes a full line on your screen. :(

Will again 'TEST' this "stable version" hoping for the best ... and fearing the worst

like mostly ybrowser freezing everything :thumbdown:

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Post by Jasmine » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:52 am

Merel wrote:
AbelAbel wrote:Avant Browser 2012 worth a try!!! roboform or google toolbar both show in this the latest version.
Is it possible to move RF toolbar again, like before ?

Or does RF toolbar still takes one full line screen space, only for itself ?
In avant 2012 toolbars can be moved between each other but can't be moved beyond tab bar. For example, when having roboform toolbar and google toolbar enabled, you can move them between each other, but either of them can be moved above the tab bar. It's a change in avant 2012. You take it as a bug?
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

AbelAbel
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: win7

Re: Roboform toolbar still wasting screen space

Post by AbelAbel » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:45 am

Merel wrote:Toolbar Roboform still can't be moved and takes a full line on your screen. :(

Will again 'TEST' this "stable version" hoping for the best ... and fearing the worst

Roboform movable is the only reason you use Avant Browser ??

Merel
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Re: Roboform toolbar still wasting screen space

Post by Merel » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:34 am

AbelAbel wrote:
Merel wrote:Toolbar Roboform still can't be moved and takes a full line on your screen. :(

Roboform movable is the only reason you use Avant Browser ??
Actually, one of the things I liked in earlier versions is the fact that by moving RF-toolbar upwards next to main menu, there was no waste of available space.

Present topic goes about reasons why people dislike AB more and more, as time goes.
Mainly a topic why they dump AB in favor of possible other browsers.
So, I won't be writing about the very nice features I like, especially in this topic

More and more people agree on the fact that AB is loosing attractiveness for multiple reasons.
For myself...

First :
Each individual has his own requirements and judgement, but stabilty is a basic requirement.
This is not the case. Ybrowser freezes my system once in a while, taking all cpu power untill I manually must power down.

Second :
Excellent features must not be removed.

Third:
I dislike "annual" versions, because any developer will deliver products not tested enough.

That being said, I write with sympathy for informative feedback rather than with negative criticism.

Julien90
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: win7 32 bit/IE9 xp pro

Post by Julien90 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:26 am

I had used many different browsers in the past three years and started to use Avant several months ago. AB runs stable and fluent in my PC so far.
I have a big displayer,so I don't mind the roboform takes a whole row. :lol:

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: xp/win7 64/win8
Avant Version: latest version
Default engine: firefox/chrome/IE
IE Version: 8/9/10
Skin: aero glass/opal glas

Post by xiaobing » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:29 am

One more issue is the online backup/sync thing what is it supposed to do and how are you supposed to use it?
Online storage is store your bookmarks/autofills/rss/settings in our online server, and you can access these data wherever you are.