Roboform issue..

Request help with using Avant Browser here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Pachino
Windows Version: Vista
Avant Version: Avant Browser 2010
IE Version: IE 8

Roboform issue..

Post by Pachino » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:04 am

Hi, everybody

i'm using the latest Avant Browser version and roboform 6.9.92 standalone (not the plug-in).

The problem: in older AB versions i used to keep the roboform & the tab bar at the bottom, when i upgraded the AB i can't keep both bars at the bottom, it seems that the tab bar overlaps the roboform bar and i have to keep the tab bar at the top & the roboform bar at the bottom, & if i try to keep the roboform bar at the top it won't shift to the top! :!:

hope to find a solution for this inconvient problem..... Thanks

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Re: Roboform issue..

Post by Jasmine » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:39 am

Could I see a screenshot?
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

Pachino

Post by Pachino » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:40 pm

Please find here the screenshot

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2372/avantlu.jpg

Thanks,

Pachino

canadian69
Windows Version: XP Pro
Avant Version: 11.7 Build 46
IE Version: 8.0.6001.18702

Post by canadian69 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:30 am

I have the exact same issue. In addition to it being locked at the bottom there are a few other issues.

1. If you enable the status bar, you cant see the Roboform toolbar and you cant move the toolbar
2. When on a web page that you have a passcard for, pressing the passcard button doesn't work, you have to go to the login option and select the passcard allowing it to open a new window.
3. When browsing through mutiple tabs and then using a Roboform passcard it doesn't open the passcard in the current tab, its like it thinks the previously viewed tab that you where browsing in is the current being viewed.
4. When you right click on the toolbar area, select toolbars, there isn't an option for Roboform, it used to be there. (Standard, Address, Search etc are all there).

Now haveing said that; When I use Internet Explorer or FireFox, Roboform works perfectly! I have no issues with it at all. This is definatly an issue with AB and it would be really great to have it resolved. Roboform is a really important piece of my daily browsing activities. I understand that AB can't support all the possible toolbars and plugins out there, but I think that this issue demonstrates a problem that is specific to AB and therefore should be treated as a AB bug, obviously the problem resides with AB and not Roboform.

canadian69

Post by canadian69 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:24 pm

bump

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Jasmine » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:46 am

Pachino wrote:Please find here the screenshot

Thanks,

Pachino

Seems you're not using latest version... No problem with latest build 121.
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Jasmine » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:28 am

canadian69 wrote:I have the exact same issue. In addition to it being locked at the bottom there are a few other issues.

1. If you enable the status bar, you cant see the Roboform toolbar and you cant move the toolbar
2. When on a web page that you have a passcard for, pressing the passcard button doesn't work, you have to go to the login option and select the passcard allowing it to open a new window.
3. When browsing through mutiple tabs and then using a Roboform passcard it doesn't open the passcard in the current tab, its like it thinks the previously viewed tab that you where browsing in is the current being viewed.
4. When you right click on the toolbar area, select toolbars, there isn't an option for Roboform, it used to be there. (Standard, Address, Search etc are all there).

Now haveing said that; When I use Internet Explorer or FireFox, Roboform works perfectly! I have no issues with it at all. This is definatly an issue with AB and it would be really great to have it resolved. Roboform is a really important piece of my daily browsing activities. I understand that AB can't support all the possible toolbars and plugins out there, but I think that this issue demonstrates a problem that is specific to AB and therefore should be treated as a AB bug, obviously the problem resides with AB and not Roboform.
1.JPG
Are you using Avant 2010 build 121? I don't have these problems except that you can't move IE toolbars to the bottom!

Pachino

Post by Pachino » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:56 pm

Jasmine wrote:
Pachino wrote:Please find here the screenshot

Thanks,

Pachino

Seems you're not using latest version... No problem with latest build 121.

I installed version 2010 build 122 right now and still the problem is there... & when i shift the windows tab to the bottom the roboform bar disappears as if it is overlaped by thw windows tab !!

Thanks,

Pachino

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Jasmine » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:52 am

Pachino,could you make a screenshot which can let me understand where is wrong?

Thank you~

Pachino

Post by Pachino » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:58 am

Here are 3 screenshots demonstrating the issue, hope i made it clear.

The disappearance of the roboform bar will happen also if i choose to mark the status bar that will appears at the bottom accompanied by the dissappearance of the roboform bar... !
Attachments
3.JPG
2.JPG
1.JPG

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Jasmine » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:13 am

Seems I understand your problem.

You haven't asked Avant to show roboform toolbar yet!

Please go to Tools->Avant Browser Options...->Add-ons->IE plug-ins and have this option cheked:

And then have this checked:

canadian69

Post by canadian69 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:03 pm

Thanks, you just made Avant Browser usable again.
I was in the plugin menu several times trying to resolve this and although there were several other items regarding Roboform (dll, context items) I dont recall seeing the OBVIOUS IE Toolbar option, so whatever the situation was it seems to be resolved, of course we will never know what caused all of us to lose the toolbar in the first place.