Toolbar changes with latest version?

Request help with using Avant Browser here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

canadian69
Windows Version: XP Pro
Avant Version: 11.7 Build 46
IE Version: 8.0.6001.18702

Toolbar changes with latest version?

Post by canadian69 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:46 am

I have Roboform installed and now with the latest version of Avant, the Roboform toolbar is segragated from the other toolbars. I can no longer position it in a space conserving manner. I cant even move it. It just takes up a single row across the screen now. I used to be able to move and adjust all my toolbars. I dont understand this change.

As a secondary issue (more of a request), I have been really having problems with spyware lately, despite having pop-ups and scripts disabled. It would be nice to have more robust security, such as remembering which sites you want to allow scripts to be run (global vs site by site security options). Pop-up blocker doesn't always work, I have flash disabled and I still get flash ads running, so it seems that the ad makers, script kiddies etc are out running the security features of the browser.

I use SAV and Superantispyware as well, and they are just as much at fault, but it all starts with the browser.

It would also be nice not to have my home page changed with every update, actually NOTHING that is user configured should be changed with an update.

SaWaMa
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: Windows 7 x64 bit
Avant Version: Lastet (Always USB)
IE Version: 9.0

Re: Toolbar changes with latest version?

Post by SaWaMa » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:11 am

hi..

i have the same problem.. and Roboform (I use Roboform Pro 7.0) not working completly on Avant 2010.. only if you update from 11.7 or you dfid backup your profile and replaced..

I back to version 11.7 build 46 .. it work fine..

ABman
Avantic
Avantic
Windows Version: XP+SP3 Home
Avant Version: 2012
IE Version: IE7/8

Re: Toolbar changes with latest version?

Post by ABman » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:45 am