Avant Alternative?

Request help with using Avant Browser here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Windows Version: xp
Avant Version: 11.7
IE Version: 6

Avant Alternative?

Post by arcman » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:38 pm

I've used Avant since 2009 and, sadly, it's never worked properly. What a shame, because it has, by far, the best interface of any browser I've used since NetCaptor. I like the look, the tabs, the bookmark bar, autofill and the ability to lay it out the way you want it. Honestly, it's perfect for me. Too bad it's done nothing but crash pretty much every time I use it. I prefer the Firefox interface but it would crash with Chrome also.

Thinking maybe it's been my system all these years, I recently had a virus and had to reinstall Win7. I installed 2017 b12 only to find Firefox was useless. Pages wouldn't even load. Installed build 10 Ultimate and Firefox works but locks up just like before. And, page load times take five times as long as a stock Firefox install. Why is that? Seriously... page load times are pathetic. A standard install of Firefox never crashes. Too bad most of the extensions for Firefox that I want don't work with Quantum.

Anyway... Has anyone found an alternative that has similar features? One that has some of the customization that Avant has would be nice. Toolbar at the top, bookmark bar, (maybe) a management bar, autofill and tabs. I wouldn't think finding something like this would be all that tough, but so far, I haven't found anything close. It would be nice to stick with the Firefox engine.