Is Mozilla the best browser???

You know about some neat piece of software? Post here!

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

neon84
Windows Version: complet
Avant Version: complet
IE Version: complet

Is Mozilla the best browser???

Post by neon84 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:45 pm

Hi guys,
Can anyone tell me what is the main deference between IE and Mozilla Firefox ? I have been using IE (version 6.0) for one year but from now on I have decided to use Firefox. I just want to know as to what Mozilla can do which Internet Explorer can not.
Thanks!

abfan123
Avantus Maximus
Avantus Maximus
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Avant Version: 11.7 build 43
IE Version: 8

Re: Is Mozilla the best browser???

Post by abfan123 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:08 pm

If you're talking about features then there's nothing that Mozilla can do and IE can't. (Or vise-versa)
Mozilla Firefox supports more web standards, But Firefox doesn't support some client-side languages such as VBScript, So all the websites that are coded in VBScript won't work with Firefox.
Also, It doesn't support ActiveX, So you won't be able to access websites like WindowsUpdate or most online virus scanners with it.
It's recommended to upgrade to IE7.
It support more standards than IE6 and it's more secure than IE6.
If you'd like to add some features to your IE then you may use some IE-Based browsers such as Maxthon, Avant Browser or install some plugin such as IE7Pro.
Usually, More than 90% of websites are coded to display properly in IE6,IE7,Mozilla and Opera.
So you shouldn't see any difference while surfing.
IE8(Pro), Microsoft Security Essentials
Main PC:
Secondary PC same as primary but with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate as the OS.

addonsfan
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: Windows 7
Avant Version: N/A
IE Version: N/A

Post by addonsfan » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:51 pm

neon84 wrote:Is Mozilla the best browser???
**** no [-X

Noyb
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic
Windows Version: XP Home, Pro - up to date
Avant Version: 11.7 B23
IE Version: I.E. 7

Post by Noyb » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:20 pm

Also, IE uses the Trident rendering engine, and Firefox uses the Gecko rendering engine. Please don't ask me what the difference is; I don't know. =P~
Intel Pentium M 1.73 GHz processor, Intel Pentium 4 Duo-core 3 GHz
1 GB RAM
Windows XP Home, Pro - Service Pack 3
Avant Browser 11.7 Build 23
Internet Explorer 7
AVG Antivirus Free Edition 8.0
Windows Firewall

statm1
Windows Version: Windows 8/7
Avant Version: 2012 Build 181
IE Version: 10

Post by statm1 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:51 pm

Noyb wrote:Also, IE uses the Trident rendering engine, and Firefox uses the Gecko rendering engine. Please don't ask me what the difference is; I don't know. =P~
The standards are the difference. How much of xhtml(1,1.1), css(1,2,3), etc. they understand and display correctly. As well as most of the stuff abfan described.
-- Matt --

rowtc2
Windows Version: XP
Avant Version: 11.0
IE Version: 7

Post by rowtc2 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:38 pm

You can add little piece of software named add-ons who will add new functions to your web browser.These add-ons are developed by hundreds of programmers and are available for free.Also,you can make your own add-on.Regards.

coover
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Post by coover » Mon May 12, 2008 11:25 pm

Addons. Yes, FF has addons. And everytime FF is updated (usually because of some security problem) many of those addons break. You see, the weakness with addons are that they are written by folks other than those who write FF code. And sometimes when FF is changed, the addon code conflicts with the FF code. So you have to wait a while for the person who wrote the addon code to figure out why his neat little addon no longer works. Of course that may take days ... or months ... or, maybe the addon code won't be changed and you'll never be able to use that addon again. Of course when and if the addon is fixed, you'll have to learn it is available, download it, and reinstall it. Yeah, addons are wonderful ... when they work.
I am trying to find myself. If you see me before I do, please ask me to wait until I return.

darth
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Avant Version: Avant 11_0 Build 46
Default engine: trident
Skin: default

Post by darth » Mon May 19, 2008 2:55 pm

How true. how true. Yesterday, FF updated Firefox 3 Beta to an RC. I permitted it to do so. Yep, Siteadvisor broke immediately. Nothing I could do unistall, etc would fix it. What ever they did, it was inserted in the hidden profile folder. Deleted FF once more. Went to search field looked for profile(js file), deleted it, and downloaded an other FF, but no beta or RC this time, and siteadvisor is back working.

That was on this XP Machine. On my Linux machine, FF 3 beta is working fine with siteadvisor. So guess I Will keep FF 3 beta as it is and wait for final release.
Dell Precision 360 Work Staton XP 32/64 bits

darth
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by darth » Mon May 19, 2008 3:36 pm

Corrected that to FF 3 Beta 5 was updated.

scaniaperest
Windows Version: Windows XP SP2
Avant Version: Always Latest
IE Version: IE6 after IE7

Post by scaniaperest » Mon May 26, 2008 1:23 pm

My English is very worse, but i'll reply this question :

Firefox isnt faster than Avant Browser, isnt stable. And, all Mozilla Softwares are killing RAM. When using your RAM on high capacity, your PC is will slower.

Firefox is free thinplate, free bottle when you wasnt setup add-ons on Firefox. Avant Browser is fastest browser, and flexible than Firefox, and Avant got Firefox addons. Ex : Bookmark sync. , password saving on Avant's Servers... Avant Browser is Best EVER for me !

But, Avant Browser have not got a own base. Avant's base is Internet Explorer. IE isnt Security...
I'm upgrading my English. I'm From Turkiye (Turkey), but I cant speek English very good. If you can not understand me, for this problem...

darth
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by darth » Mon May 26, 2008 3:56 pm

Try adding Spywareblaster. It gives some added security to IE, and is supposed to work with AB, I have been told on the forum here.

statm1

Post by statm1 » Mon May 26, 2008 6:49 pm

Yes, I have been using Spywareblaster for years. And since it only deals with IE's security settings. It just automatically works with Avant.

But, as of IE7 and especially with the upcoming IE8, security isn't nearly as much of a problem then it was in the IE6 and older days. As I've said before with IE8 the reasons that drove so many people to FF will not be valid any longer. You will just then be using FF out of preference and not necessity.
-- Matt --

scaniaperest
Windows Version: Windows XP SP2
Avant Version: Always Latest
IE Version: IE6 after IE7

Post by scaniaperest » Mon May 26, 2008 8:35 pm

darth wrote:Try adding Spywareblaster. It gives some added security to IE, and is supposed to work with AB, I have been told on the forum here.
Thanks for your suggestion. But, I dont need to "very security" PC . Becouse, I've got NOD32 antivirus. I'ts maybe not enough. But, I'm using my PC usually for reading my e-mails, talking with MSN Messenger with my friends. I'm very attentioning for virus, hacking, illegal sites for virüs and spy's...

(My Eng. is maybe very worse. But I'm upgrading (reading, writing for learning) my Eng.)

I'm from Turkiye (Turkey). I'm to propose Avant Browser on the Turk's HardWare and Software forums. We are liked Avant Browser for being speeder, stable, and IE's Plus futures...
I'm upgrading my English. I'm From Turkiye (Turkey), but I cant speek English very good. If you can not understand me, for this problem...

statm1

Post by statm1 » Mon May 26, 2008 11:46 pm

Your english is very good Scaniaperest.. Spywareblaster isnt a scanner. It just keeps the list of banned websites (sites that exist just to install spyware) updated. As well as blocking spyware themselves from being able to be downloaded. It doesnt need to be ran all the time like a security suite does.
-- Matt --

web surfer
Windows Version: window xp
Avant Version: none
IE Version: 6.0

Post by web surfer » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:32 am

SpywareBlaster was runing at the background,unlike any Antispyware.
SpywareBlaster also can banned some websites when we using firefox just like statm1 post but I don't think it was one of the Firefox add-on "I think"....